• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

More additional clocks.

H

Hansjörg Reister

#1
Hey Vista-Beta testers,

just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)

Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.
But currently you can only configure two clocks. That is by far not enough
in a globalized world!!
Leave two as default add a feature to add additional clocks.
Here are my personal requirements for clocks
- Tokyo: i'm working together with a department in Tokyo on daily business
- Seattle: guess why ;-)
- Chicago: i'm working together with a department in Chicagoon a daily
business
- London: my sister lives there
- Bucarest: my mother in law lives there

That is five. Either preconfigure to have five (more will make hard to read)
or give me the chance to add more (up to max. 10).

Our business need is to be able to add more then 2. Five is sufficient.

Also let me enter the name of a city instead of choosing the time zone.
Chicago is what time zone??? How can i know. For some time zones important
cities are displayed - but espacially for the US this is unknown. Let me add
my companies sites to the list with the correct time zone.
This would be a great chance to give Vista a very beautyful dialog!! Enter
City name and show it on a world map.

Hansjörg Reister
Robert Bosch GmbH
GERMANY
 

My Computer

Z

Zack Whittaker

#2
OK, there are three clocks available for a start (you can configure an extra
two clocks with one unchangeable) - but I do believe that this may well
change to let you customise clocks better - however even if not, then you
can keep adding and customising clocks to the Sidebar :o)

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
that up!

--: Original message follows :--
"Hansjörg Reister" <hansjoerg.reister@de.bosch.com> wrote in message
news:2A63EE20-33D9-4577-A2AB-E2D173FCBB55@microsoft.com...
> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>
> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>
> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.
> But currently you can only configure two clocks. That is by far not enough
> in a globalized world!!
> Leave two as default add a feature to add additional clocks.
> Here are my personal requirements for clocks
> - Tokyo: i'm working together with a department in Tokyo on daily business
> - Seattle: guess why ;-)
> - Chicago: i'm working together with a department in Chicagoon a daily
> business
> - London: my sister lives there
> - Bucarest: my mother in law lives there
>
> That is five. Either preconfigure to have five (more will make hard to
> read)
> or give me the chance to add more (up to max. 10).
>
> Our business need is to be able to add more then 2. Five is sufficient.
>
> Also let me enter the name of a city instead of choosing the time zone.
> Chicago is what time zone??? How can i know. For some time zones important
> cities are displayed - but espacially for the US this is unknown. Let me
> add
> my companies sites to the list with the correct time zone.
> This would be a great chance to give Vista a very beautyful dialog!! Enter
> City name and show it on a world map.
>
> Hansjörg Reister
> Robert Bosch GmbH
> GERMANY
>
 

My Computer

M

Mike Williams

#3
Hansjörg Reister wrote:
> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>
> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>
> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.
> But currently you can only configure two clocks. That is by far not
> enough in a globalized world!!


Just use the Timezone tool that Microsoft already provides for XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cf-3148-40b8-a286-fe7274f6e4d8&displaylang=en

or just add multiple clocks to the Vista Sidebar.
 

My Computer

M

Man-wai Chang

#4
Hansjörg Reister wrote:
> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>
> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>
> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.


nntp service is not invented by M$... it's been here for a long time.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 5.10) Linux 2.6.16.16
^ ^ 19:02:01 up 1 day 1:09 1 user load average: 1.35 1.30 1.14
news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk
 

My Computer

M

Mike Williams

#5
Man-wai Chang wrote:
> Hansjörg Reister wrote:
>> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>>
>> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>>
>> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.

>
> nntp service is not invented by M$... it's been here for a long time.
>


Hos is your comment relevant to this post?
 

My Computer

H

Hansjörg Reister

#6
Hey,

I'd love to try. But Vista tells me (filed a bug for this):
Validation Not Completed: Invalid Product Key
[0x80080202]
And then i do not want to install any additional tools on a brand new OS -
right? Add it to the stamdard.
About side bar i realdy posted an answer to the group.

Hansjörg



"Mike Williams" <mikew@m-v-p-s.org.null> wrote in message
news:446703B9.5040404@m-v-p-s.org.null...
> Hansjörg Reister wrote:
>> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>>
>> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>>
>> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.
>> But currently you can only configure two clocks. That is by far not
>> enough in a globalized world!!

>
> Just use the Timezone tool that Microsoft already provides for XP:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cf-3148-40b8-a286-fe7274f6e4d8&displaylang=en
>
> or just add multiple clocks to the Vista Sidebar.
 

My Computer

M

Mike Williams

#7
Hansjörg Reister wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'd love to try. But Vista tells me (filed a bug for this):
> Validation Not Completed: Invalid Product Key
> [0x80080202]
> And then i do not want to install any additional tools on a brand new OS
> - right? Add it to the stamdard.


Why? It's an operating system, not a closed box. It's DESIGNED to run
additional programs.
 

My Computer

H

Hansjörg Reister

#8
I will not comment this.

"Man-wai Chang" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:u7rzpX0dGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hansj顤g Reister wrote:
>> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>>
>> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>>
>> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.

>
> nntp service is not invented by M$... it's been here for a long time.
>
> --
> .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 5.10) Linux 2.6.16.16
> ^ ^ 19:02:01 up 1 day 1:09 1 user load average: 1.35 1.30 1.14
> news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk
 

My Computer

F

Frank

#9
Mike Williams wrote:
> Man-wai Chang wrote:
>
>>Hansjörg Reister wrote:
>>
>>>Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>>>
>>>just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>>>
>>>Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.

>>
>>nntp service is not invented by M$... it's been here for a long time.
>>

>
>
> Hos is your comment relevant to this post?


He's a limux troll. Pay no attention to him.
Frank
 

My Computer

N

NLWard

#10
I'll never need more than the two, but if you need 'em, you should have 'em.
I can see where more clocks will be a plus.

--
Nancy Ward
Beta Butterfly
MSN Messenger MVP


"Hansjörg Reister" <hansjoerg.reister@de.bosch.com> wrote in message
news:2A63EE20-33D9-4577-A2AB-E2D173FCBB55@microsoft.com...
> Hey Vista-Beta testers,
>
> just filed the following DCR (Design Change Request)
>
> Additional Clocks in Vista is a GREAT feature.
> But currently you can only configure two clocks. That is by far not enough
> in a globalized world!!
> Leave two as default add a feature to add additional clocks.
> Here are my personal requirements for clocks
> - Tokyo: i'm working together with a department in Tokyo on daily business
> - Seattle: guess why ;-)
> - Chicago: i'm working together with a department in Chicagoon a daily
> business
> - London: my sister lives there
> - Bucarest: my mother in law lives there
>
> That is five. Either preconfigure to have five (more will make hard to
> read)
> or give me the chance to add more (up to max. 10).
>
> Our business need is to be able to add more then 2. Five is sufficient.
>
> Also let me enter the name of a city instead of choosing the time zone.
> Chicago is what time zone??? How can i know. For some time zones important
> cities are displayed - but espacially for the US this is unknown. Let me
> add
> my companies sites to the list with the correct time zone.
> This would be a great chance to give Vista a very beautyful dialog!! Enter
> City name and show it on a world map.
>
> Hansjörg Reister
> Robert Bosch GmbH
> GERMANY
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)