More user friendly computer.

Diblo

New Member
Install the vista!.

Add a none admin user for you self and for all other.
Put a password on the admin account.
Log out and in on your new user account (none admin)

When you need admin rights there will come a box where you have to type the admin password.
This box will probably normal be see if you add and remove programs, and some other thinks like control of user accounts.
It is normal if you have install a program you have the rights to run it.
The message that you need admin rights will be reduced a lot.

Only thing you have to remember:

1. This box will give access to the admin account.
2. The box will not come by self. if it do scan you computer.
3. If you account is dame you have to reboot and login as admin and add a new user account.

Think you about before you type the admin password.

This will give you a much more user friendly and secure computer.
 

My Computer

System One

  • CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
    Memory
    2 Gbyt
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek HD Audio ALC889A
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mac, Graphic monitor (CRT)
    Screen Resolution
    1280*[email protected]
    Hard Drives
    2 x Seagate 250 Gbyt - SATA II
    PSU
    Chieftec
    Cooling
    Asus Silent Square Pro
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 (Blue light)
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 2/2Mbit
    Other Info
    Liteon cd/dvd bruner - SATA
    Country Flag
    denmark
F

FromTheRafters

"Diblo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>
> Install the vista!.

Did that.

> Add a none admin user for you self and for all other.

Did that too. Same as what should be done with XP.

> Put a password on the admin account.

Password all acounts - the results are not that inconvenient.

> Log out and in on your new user account (none admin)
>
> When you need admin rights there will come a box where you have to type
> the admin password.
> This box will probably normal be see if you add and remove programs,
> and some other thinks like control of user accounts.
> It is normal if you have install a program you have the rights to run
> it.
> The message that you need admin rights will be reduced a lot.
>
> Only thing you have to remember:
>
> 1. This box will give access to the admin account.

Provides elevation for the action desired (and resulting actions)
but not access to the admin account.

> 2. The box will not come by self. if it do scan you computer.

Yes, it is usually as a result of some action by the user (trying to
execute a program or gain access to some area outside of current
permissions). If it seems to appear without the user having just
tried to do the above, then there might be something else trying
to do those kinds of things - and that is a bad thing.

I know that is what you just wrote. I only hoped to clarify,
since it was a good point to make.

> 3. If you account is dame you have to reboot and login as admin and
> add a new user account.
>
> THINK YOU ABOUT BEFORE YOU TYPE THE ADMIN PASSWORD.
> This will give you a much more user friendly and secure computer.
>
>
> --
> Diblo
 

My Computer

Diblo

New Member

My Computer

System One

  • CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
    Memory
    2 Gbyt
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Realtek HD Audio ALC889A
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mac, Graphic monitor (CRT)
    Screen Resolution
    1280*[email protected]
    Hard Drives
    2 x Seagate 250 Gbyt - SATA II
    PSU
    Chieftec
    Cooling
    Asus Silent Square Pro
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 (Blue light)
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 2/2Mbit
    Other Info
    Liteon cd/dvd bruner - SATA
    Country Flag
    denmark
Top