• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Disk Drive won't work

E

Erica♥

#1
I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
sign on it.
Please help!!!
Thank You
 

My Computer

T

Tom Ferguson

#2
Set a restore point for the system, backup user files, navigate to device
manager and delete the device. Restart the computer and let it install the
drive again. Restart the machine. Test.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Erica♥" <Erica?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3187B07F-5A94-42C9-8B0A-421705465F29@xxxxxx

>I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
> working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was
> already
> on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on
> and
> I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this
> hardware.
> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this
> is
> and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA
> Device
> it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
> sign on it.
> Please help!!!
> Thank You
 

My Computer

C

Colin Barnhorst

#3
Have you contacted the manufacturer of the laptop?

"Erica♥" <Erica?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3187B07F-5A94-42C9-8B0A-421705465F29@xxxxxx

>I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
> working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was
> already
> on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on
> and
> I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this
> hardware.
> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this
> is
> and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA
> Device
> it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
> sign on it.
> Please help!!!
> Thank You
 

My Computer

T

Tom Ferguson

#4
If this does not work, Spirit has provided the MSKB link that describes what
I normally suggest as the next step.


"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e73pHBQTIHA.1164@xxxxxx

> Set a restore point for the system, backup user files, navigate to device
> manager and delete the device. Restart the computer and let it install the
> drive again. Restart the machine. Test.
>
> Let us know.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
> "Erica♥" <Erica?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3187B07F-5A94-42C9-8B0A-421705465F29@xxxxxx

>>I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive
>>isn't
>> working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was
>> already
>> on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on
>> and
>> I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this
>> hardware.
>> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this
>> is
>> and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA
>> Device
>> it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
>> sign on it.
>> Please help!!!
>> Thank You
>
 

My Computer

E

Erica♥

#5
Hey spirit I clicked that link and did what it told me to but now my mouse
will not move. It says This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Please Help
"Spirit" wrote:

> You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an
> error message after
>
> you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP:
> "error code 31"
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>
> Use that.
>
> "Erica?" <Erica?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3187B07F-5A94-42C9-8B0A-421705465F29@xxxxxx
>

> >I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
> > working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was
> > already
> > on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on
> > and
> > I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this
> > hardware.
> > The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this
> > is
> > and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA
> > Device
> > it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
> > sign on it.
> > Please help!!!
> > Thank You
>
>
>
 

My Computer

S

Spirit

#6
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us
This works for Vista also

Look at this one again and double check what you did.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

You may need to re-install your mouse driver.

This applies to Vista also :
http://www.pchell.com/hardware/usbcode10.shtml

http://discuss.extremetech.com/forums/thread/1004364399.aspx


"Erica?" <Erica@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4D311B90-C8BD-4C7D-8F03-BB948F7D6B11@xxxxxx

> Hey spirit I clicked that link and did what it told me to but now my mouse
> will not move. It says This device cannot start. (Code 10)
> Please Help
> "Spirit" wrote:
>

>> You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an
>> error message after
>>
>> you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows
>> XP:
>> "error code 31"
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>>
>> Use that.
>>
>> "Erica?" <Erica?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3187B07F-5A94-42C9-8B0A-421705465F29@xxxxxx
>>

>> >I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive
>> >isn't
>> > working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was
>> > already
>> > on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going
>> > on
>> > and
>> > I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this
>> > hardware.
>> > The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what
>> > this
>> > is
>> > and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA
>> > Device
>> > it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a
>> > caution
>> > sign on it.
>> > Please help!!!
>> > Thank You
>>
>>
>>
 

My Computer

1

1mark

#7
these tips do not work to correct the problem . contacting the manufac is not
going to resolve issue either. the problem is with the OS, in my case it is
vista basic . i've uninstalled the device several times and rebooted. the
same events occur. driver software does not function. . . . . . are there
other possible ways to resolve this issue excluding previous posts.
thank you.
1mark
 

My Computer

C

cqui3

#8
"1mark" <1mark@xxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
news:877F06C7-AA5B-44D5-BD90-2792F250B0B2@xxxxxx

> these tips do not work to correct the problem . contacting the manufac is
> not
> going to resolve issue either. the problem is with the OS, in my case it
> is
> vista basic . i've uninstalled the device several times and rebooted. the
> same events occur. driver software does not function. . . . . . are there
> other possible ways to resolve this issue excluding previous posts.
> thank you.
> 1mark


It would be unusual. Either you have a defective cable. Or the Hdrive has
not been
partined and formated - or you have not assigned a drive letter to the
drive.

But of course I have not read previous thread messages, so all of this may
have
already been said.
 

My Computer

#9
Since this is a new thread I doubt anyone knows what you are refering to

"1mark" <1mark@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:877F06C7-AA5B-44D5-BD90-2792F250B0B2@xxxxxx

> these tips do not work to correct the problem . contacting the manufac is
> not
> going to resolve issue either. the problem is with the OS, in my case it
> is
> vista basic . i've uninstalled the device several times and rebooted. the
> same events occur. driver software does not function. . . . . . are there
> other possible ways to resolve this issue excluding previous posts.
> thank you.
> 1mark
 

My Computer

R

Robbco

#11
I had the same problem. I took the suggestion from this site and removed
iTunes and it took care the problem completely.

"NECY2180" wrote:

>
> :confused:
> we have the same problem...that's why i join this vistaheads
> community...
> I hope the manufacture of VISTA can help us. :D
>
>
> --
> NECY2180
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
>
 

My Computer

#12
"Erica♥" wrote:

> I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
> working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
> on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
> I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
> and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
> it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
> sign on it.
> Please help!!!
> Thank You
 

My Computer

#13
"Erica♥" wrote:

> I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't
> working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already
> on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and
> I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
> The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is
> and I have never seen it before. The drive Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device
> it has the picture of the drive and for some odd reason there's a caution
> sign on it.
> Please help!!!
> Thank You
I had this same problem and found it difficult to find the answer. After
spending a day reading I found this fix for me.
First I backed up my registry Google how to back up registry and follow
directions. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Second I deleated upper and lower filters in reg. subkey.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461
This worked for me but be sure to follow all directions and cautions.
I had to reinstall some programs.
Hope this helps I know how hard it is to find answers.
 

My Computer

skip08

New Member
Messages
1
#14
in my computer, toshiba satellite a205, I was reformatting my whole hard drive from the toshiba disc i got with my computer. It suddenly shut off and so I turned it back on, but when I turned it back on, my c.d drive was not working or turning on, and when I try to boot from the c.d it just says the BoobtMGR is missing.
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)