• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need vista 64 & 32 & xp pro compatible ext drive

Cher (BIRDWISE)

WinXP Pro/Vista32/64 bit
Hi,
I'm in dire need of a portable external drive, preferably a 2.5" or smaller, external drive that I can move my photos from (and files) one pc to another....more precsely from one vista 64 laptop and or vista 32 bit to a desktop that is xp pro os.
I have a large My Book by Western Digital and a passbook 120 gig by Western Digial to> Nothing works.
I've got a dvice that has two USB connections one on each end that is a data trasnfer divice. i wonder if anyone has ever used these and any adivce?
I need a drive for my millions of photos before I ruin another laptop; mut be mved to desktop>
Have looked everyplace online> Thanks, Cher (BIRDWISE)

geezer10

Engineer
Vista Pro
hi cher,
you say nothing works - surely your desktop can see the WD drives?
make sure everything is turned on before connecting together.
I got one of those usb to usb things never did try it -
Do you have network connectors on the computers?

Cher (BIRDWISE)

WinXP Pro/Vista32/64 bit
Hello,
No, the desktop no longer sees it; it just beeps like a robot. :(
One of the laptops used to recognize it only that was teh 64 bit...now nada.
I have one of those. G I don't know enough about file types to use it. Do you know how to use it? I;m willing to give it a try becaue am desperate.
What forgive my ignorance, is a network connector? I appreciate yout help very much, Cher

Zdon

Don't worry be happy.
Hi,
I'm in dire need of a portable external drive, preferably a 2.5" or smaller, external drive that I can move my photos from (and files) one pc to another....more precsely from one vista 64 laptop and or vista 32 bit to a desktop that is xp pro os.
I have a large My Book by Western Digital and a passbook 120 gig by Western Digial to> Nothing works.
I've got a dvice that has two USB connections one on each end that is a data trasnfer divice. i wonder if anyone has ever used these and any adivce?
I need a drive for my millions of photos before I ruin another laptop; mut be mved to desktop>
Have looked everyplace online> Thanks, Cher (BIRDWISE)
If your drives used to work on both computers, then you should be able to get them to work again. I would work on this option before buying a new drive that, given your circumstances, might not work either. Perhaps you simply need to reinstall the drivers for the drives on the various machines.