• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OL 2007 with OL Connector and WL Messenger

S

Sulasno

#1
using OL connector to get mail from WL Messenger

in the Contacts, I can see the list of my hotmail contacts

how do I import the info from hotmail contacts to Outlook

and how do I export the Contacts to the hotmail contacts
 

My Computer

B

Brian Tillman

#2
Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:

> using OL connector to get mail from WL Messenger
>
> in the Contacts, I can see the list of my hotmail contacts
>
> how do I import the info from hotmail contacts to Outlook
>
> and how do I export the Contacts to the hotmail contacts
Doesn't Edit/Copy or right-click drag-and-drop work?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 

My Computer

S

Sulasno

#3
"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uNOAwbwcIHA.4588@xxxxxx

> Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> using OL connector to get mail from WL Messenger
>>
>> in the Contacts, I can see the list of my hotmail contacts
>>
>> how do I import the info from hotmail contacts to Outlook
>>
>> and how do I export the Contacts to the hotmail contacts
>
> Doesn't Edit/Copy or right-click drag-and-drop work?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
When I drag a contact from WLM into the Hotmail Contacts folder in Outlook,
it opens up a new contact and puts the email address to the Notes
 

My Computer

B

Brian Tillman

#4
Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:

> When I drag a contact from WLM into the Hotmail Contacts folder in
> Outlook, it opens up a new contact and puts the email address to the
> Notes
I thought you were using the Outlook Connector and could see your Hotmail
(Windows Live) contacts on a contacts folder in Outlook. Is this not the
case?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 

My Computer

S

Sulasno

#5
"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:eLFIsw2cIHA.4800@xxxxxx

> Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> When I drag a contact from WLM into the Hotmail Contacts folder in
>> Outlook, it opens up a new contact and puts the email address to the
>> Notes
>
> I thought you were using the Outlook Connector and could see your Hotmail
> (Windows Live) contacts on a contacts folder in Outlook. Is this not the
> case?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Perhaps I was vauge;

In the Contacts folder of Outlook, I can see the contacts of the WLM in the
Outlook Folder; however when adding info the contact, it will be lost since
it will sync with WLM when I login to WLM;

Intend to edit the contacts of WLM in Outlook and then add them to WLM
 

My Computer

B

Brian Tillman

#6
Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:

> In the Contacts folder of Outlook, I can see the contacts of the WLM
> in the Outlook Folder; however when adding info the contact, it will
> be lost since it will sync with WLM when I login to WLM;
I'm confused again. You say "in the Contacts folder" and then "in the
Outlook folder". Is one a subfolder of the other? Can you be more precise
in your description?

> Intend to edit the contacts of WLM in Outlook and then add them to WLM
If you open a contact record from whatever folder they're in, do you see a
contact form?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 

My Computer

S

Sulasno

#7
The details of the hotmail contacts are in a different folder under the main
Contacts folder of Outlook;

The contacts of the hotmail contacts are listed as;
Contacts in name@xxxxxx

When I right click the contact in WLM, I can select Edit Contact and there
are a number of fields;
How do I sync the details with Outlook?

Do I fill in the data in WLM or Outlook and the details will be updated?



"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:eSqn1s%23cIHA.748@xxxxxx

> Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> In the Contacts folder of Outlook, I can see the contacts of the WLM
>> in the Outlook Folder; however when adding info the contact, it will
>> be lost since it will sync with WLM when I login to WLM;
>
> I'm confused again. You say "in the Contacts folder" and then "in the
> Outlook folder". Is one a subfolder of the other? Can you be more
> precise in your description?
>

>> Intend to edit the contacts of WLM in Outlook and then add them to WLM
>
> If you open a contact record from whatever folder they're in, do you see a
> contact form?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
 

My Computer

B

Brian Tillman

#8
Sulasno <sulasnoXXX@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The details of the hotmail contacts are in a different folder under
> the main Contacts folder of Outlook;
>
> The contacts of the hotmail contacts are listed as;
> Contacts in name@xxxxxx
>
> When I right click the contact in WLM, I can select Edit Contact and
> there are a number of fields;
> How do I sync the details with Outlook?
>
> Do I fill in the data in WLM or Outlook and the details will be
> updated?
You keep talking about WLM (Windows Live Mail? Messenger?). What does this
have to do with Outlook?

If you use the Outlook Connector to view your WIndows Live Hotmail account,
the contacts there will not be "under the main Contacts folder of Outlook".
They'll be in a separate folder tree whose root is at the same level as the
root of your default folders. You should be able to open each Contacts
folder and drag items from one to the other. Everything is done from within
Outlook and "WLM", whatever that is, isn't involved. Perhaps I still don't
understand your configuration.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)