• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PB INIT failure fix UPDATED

VelociT

After this post...
http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/113654-no-replies-my-call-duty-4-problem-thread-question.html
...I was still being kicked by Punkbuster. I reinstalled twice, updated Punkbuster and ran pbsvc.exe without success. This is the one change I made that has allowed me to play COD 4 without getting kicked by PB. I right-clicked the multiplayer icon and checked the run as XP service pack 2 compatible under the compatibility tab. I even disconnected my router and "gasp" turned of the Vista firewall to eliminate anything that might have blocked my connecting. *I have since enabled both firewalls*. I have been running it on and off for 2 days now, no errors. Try this and please let me know if it works for you. Then other people will hopefully find this thread.

My Computer

rossisboss07

Easy Overclocker
I had this same problem (getting kicked midway through a match) until i updated punkbuster manually. I google'd "punkbuster update" and downloaded an update exe from some site, and then it stopped kicking me. Hope this helps anyone that still has this problem, I don't know if a game update ever addressed it...

My Computer

cardinale

VelociT - You are my hero! Solution worked great! Had done everything else but a reinstall to fix the problem. Setting compatibility mode worked like a charm!

My Computer

I Love you so much, lol.

Had nightmare since i installed 64bit vista cos of that punkbuster balls up an couldn't get on our server. TY m8, TY. Come visit the server if ya in town: IP: 82.138.240.4:28933. Add to fave's, your always welcome. An visit r webby: -=SBR=-Clan Website. An thanks again.

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)