PowerPoint viewer 2007 in Windows 7

N

Noor Motani

I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not have
office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the .pps
attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got missing.
I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have now realized
that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Best Regards
Noor Motani
 

My Computer

D

David H. Lipman

From: "Noor Motani" <[email protected]>

| I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not have
| office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the .pps
| attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got missing.
| I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have now realized
| that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.

| Any help is appreciated.

What is this unidentified DLL ?



--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 

My Computer

R

ray

On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:07:21 -0600, Noor Motani wrote:

> I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not
> have office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the
> .pps attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got
> missing. I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have
> now realized that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
Suggest you install OpenOffice.org - for free. It's a highly compatible
office suite. The 'presentation' portion will handle most powerpoint
files.
 

My Computer

pacinitaly

HappyGuru Lovin2Help
Vista Guru
On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:07:21 -0600, Noor Motani wrote:
> I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not
> have office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the
> .pps attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got
> missing. I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have
> now realized that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
Suggest you install OpenOffice.org - for free. It's a highly compatible
office suite. The 'presentation' portion will handle most powerpoint
files.

Hi Ray,
will it also open word/excel ( 2003 - XP - 2007 ) ?
 

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    centrino core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
R

ray

On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:28:00 -0500, pacinitaly wrote:

> ray;1268901 Wrote:

>> On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:07:21 -0600, Noor Motani wrote:

>> > > >
>> > > I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does
>> > > not have office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did
>> > > open the .pps attachments but after a couple of days it refused as
>> > > a dll file
>> > got
>> > > missing. I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I
>> > have
>> > > now realized that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.
>> > >
>> > > Any help is appreciated. > >
>>
>> Suggest you install OpenOffice.org - for free. It's a highly compatible
>> office suite. The 'presentation' portion will handle most powerpoint
>> files.
>
>
> Hi Ray,
> will it also open word/excel ( 2003 - XP - 2007 ) ?
Yes.
 

My Computer

pacinitaly

HappyGuru Lovin2Help
Vista Guru
holy $#!t I wasted $500usd:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
 

Attachments

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    centrino core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
R

ray

On Fri, 28 May 2010 14:13:19 -0400, Death wrote:

> "pacinitaly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

>>
>> holy $#!t I wasted $500usd:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
>>
>>
>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> |Filename: Capture.JPG |
>> |Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19548|
>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>>
>> --
>> pacinitaly
>>
>> SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no
>>
>> If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
>> a drunken sailor
>
> Don't listen to that dingbat ray.
> Open Office will open many Office documents...but will ruin formatting
> and other "incompatibilities".
I didn't say it was perfect. There will be some extremely complex
formatting that it won't quite make - but you'll still be able to deal
with it. For 'normal' operations, it will be quite sufficient.

> If you're using Office just at home, get the Student edition...it's for
> non-commercial use.
> If your using it professionally, then it is worth the investment of full
> blown Office.
>
> I've yet, in my entire life, seen professional work done with Open
> Office. OO is for kids.
No indication that the poster is doing 'professional work'. On the other
hand you haven't looked very far.

OpenOffice won't handle MS office macros - that's the biggest limitation.
IMHO the world would be a lot better off if macros were written for
OpenOffice instead of assuming everyone in the world is willing to pay a
few hundred bucks to deal with your 'valuable' information. At least
virtually everyone on the planet can have OpenOffice for the price of a
download. It runs on MS, MAC and Linux - MS office can't say the same.
 

My Computer

D

David H. Lipman

From: "ray" <[email protected]>

| No indication that the poster is doing 'professional work'. On the other
| hand you haven't looked very far.

| OpenOffice won't handle MS office macros - that's the biggest limitation.
| IMHO the world would be a lot better off if macros were written for
| OpenOffice instead of assuming everyone in the world is willing to pay a
| few hundred bucks to deal with your 'valuable' information. At least
| virtually everyone on the planet can have OpenOffice for the price of a
| download. It runs on MS, MAC and Linux - MS office can't say the same.

+1

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 

My Computer

D

David H. Lipman

From: "Death" <[email protected]>


| "David H. Lipman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]

>> | No indication that the poster is doing 'professional work'. On the other
>> | hand you haven't looked very far.

>> | OpenOffice won't handle MS office macros - that's the biggest
>> limitation.
>> | IMHO the world would be a lot better off if macros were written for
>> | OpenOffice instead of assuming everyone in the world is willing to pay a
>> | few hundred bucks to deal with your 'valuable' information. At least
>> | virtually everyone on the planet can have OpenOffice for the price of a
>> | download. It runs on MS, MAC and Linux - MS office can't say the same.

| +1 for someone whom uses a spreadsheet to create list of CD's owned.
| How clever.
| Yes, OO is great for that.

I use it all the time on my Latitude D620 notebook with Vista business.

I go can back and forth with MS Word and OO Writer with no problems on my monthly reports
in .DOC files.

It is a good option and best of all -- it is NOT from Microsoft.


--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 

My Computer

N

Noor Motani

the dll file missing or deleted by windows update is: MSVCR80.DLL. The error
message is "msvcr80.dll is missing. Reinstalling program might solve the
problem".

After uninstall and reinstall PowerPoint viewer, it works until windows
update is downloaded and installed.

I hope this information is sufficient.


--
Best Regards
Noor Motani

"David H. Lipman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> From: "Noor Motani" <[email protected]>
>
> | I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not
> have
> | office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the .pps
> | attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got
> missing.
> | I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have now
> realized
> | that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.
>
> | Any help is appreciated.
>
> What is this unidentified DLL ?
>
>
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
>
>
 

My Computer

D

David H. Lipman

From: "Noor Motani" <[email protected]>

| the dll file missing or deleted by windows update is: MSVCR80.DLL. The error
| message is "msvcr80.dll is missing. Reinstalling program might solve the
| problem".

| After uninstall and reinstall PowerPoint viewer, it works until windows
| update is downloaded and installed.

| I hope this information is sufficient.


| --
| Best Regards
| Noor Motani

| "David H. Lipman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]

>> | I purchased new laptop with windows 7 home premium. Since it does not
>> have
>> | office 2007, I downloaded PowerPoint viewer 2007. It did open the .pps
>> | attachments but after a couple of days it refused as a dll file got
>> missing.
>> | I uninstalled and re installed the viewer and it worked. I have now
>> realized
>> | that when windows updates, it removes this dll file.

>> | Any help is appreciated.

>> What is this unidentified DLL ?




--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 

My Computer

D

David H. Lipman

From: "Noor Motani" <[email protected]>

| the dll file missing or deleted by windows update is: MSVCR80.DLL. The error
| message is "msvcr80.dll is missing. Reinstalling program might solve the
| problem".

| After uninstall and reinstall PowerPoint viewer, it works until windows
| update is downloaded and installed.

| I hope this information is sufficient.


OK 'msvcr80.dll' is from the Microsoft® C Runtime Library.

I have v8.0.50727.42 on my PC.

There are two possiblities. One is that the file is in %WINDIR% and the other is in the
%PROGRAMFILES% tree.

In a situation like this get a copy and place the file in %windir% and/or
%windir%\system32 this way the C Runtime Library can be found in the path.


--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 

My Computer

R

ray

On Fri, 28 May 2010 15:20:52 -0400, Death wrote:

> "ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

>> On Fri, 28 May 2010 14:13:19 -0400, Death wrote:
>>

>>> "pacinitaly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>>>
>>>> holy $#!t I wasted $500usd:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>>>> |Filename: Capture.JPG |
>>>> |Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19548|
>>>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> pacinitaly
>>>>
>>>> SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no
>>>>
>>>> If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out
>>>> like a drunken sailor
>>>
>>> Don't listen to that dingbat ray.
>>> Open Office will open many Office documents...but will ruin formatting
>>> and other "incompatibilities".
>>
>> I didn't say it was perfect. There will be some extremely complex
>> formatting that it won't quite make - but you'll still be able to deal
>> with it. For 'normal' operations, it will be quite sufficient.
>>
>>
> Well. if redoing thousands of spreadsheets is worth a few hundred bucks
> to you, by all means have at it.
Well, if that's your hobby, have at it. I prefer to just open and use
them, myself.

>
>

>>> If you're using Office just at home, get the Student edition...it's
>>> for non-commercial use.
>>> If your using it professionally, then it is worth the investment of
>>> full blown Office.
>>>
>>> I've yet, in my entire life, seen professional work done with Open
>>> Office. OO is for kids.
>>
>> No indication that the poster is doing 'professional work'. On the
>> other hand you haven't looked very far.
>>
>>
> It's not my job to bolster your opinion with "open source is great,
> free, and a royal PITA".
Since OpenOffice is free and simple to download/install, it makes eminent
sense to me to try it first. If it does not meet your needs, then fork
out hundreds of dollars.

>
>

>> OpenOffice won't handle MS office macros - that's the biggest
>> limitation. IMHO the world would be a lot better off if macros were
>> written for OpenOffice instead of assuming everyone in the world is
>> willing to pay a few hundred bucks to deal with your 'valuable'
>> information. At least virtually everyone on the planet can have
>> OpenOffice for the price of a download. It runs on MS, MAC and Linux -
>> MS office can't say the same.
>
> Yeah, Office doesn't run on Linux.
> I'm shocked.
Yeah - OpenOffice does a lot better on MS office files than vice versa. A
lot of software designed for Linux has been ported to MS.
 

My Computer

Top