PowerShell at social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums

R

Robert Aldwinckle

"Larry__Weiss" <[email protected]oup> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Should PowerShell have a forum within this set of webpages?
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

I think if more end users become aware of PowerShell there might be a case
made to have one in the Answers forums, less so for the MSDN forums.

BTW have you tried using the bridge yet? <eg> It shows that all
PowerShell discussion is expected to occur under various forums of the
TechNet category. That seems right to me from what I have seen in here.
E.g. mostly admin types asking how to use PS to solve admin type problems.
; )


Robert
---
 

My Computer

L

Larry__Weiss

On 5/26/2010 3:36 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:

> Hello Larry__Weiss,

>>
>> Should PowerShell have a forum within this set of webpages?
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>> - Larry
>
> There is a PowerShell fporum under the technet furums:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/threads
> Karl
> http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
>
Thanks!

I am trying to understand how Microsoft determines what goes where,
or even why there is more than one top level location for the forums.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums

Are there any other top levels besides "msdn" and "technet"
for forums?

- Larry
 

My Computer

K

Karl Mitschke

Hello Larry__Weiss,

> On 5/26/2010 3:36 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:
>

>> Hello Larry__Weiss,
>>

>>> Should PowerShell have a forum within this set of webpages?
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>>> - Larry
>> There is a PowerShell fporum under the technet furums:
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/
>> threads
>> Karl
>> http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
> Thanks!
>
> I am trying to understand how Microsoft determines what goes where, or
> even why there is more than one top level location for the forums.
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums
> Are there any other top levels besides "msdn" and "technet" for
> forums?
>
> - Larry
>
That I know of:
http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
http://forums.xna.com/forums/
http://forums.asp.net/

(Found several here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx)

I also frequent the independent PowerShell Community, though not as often
as I should:

http://powershellcommunity.org/Forums.aspx


Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
 

My Computer

L

Larry__Weiss

On 5/27/2010 2:07 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:

>> On 5/26/2010 3:36 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:

>>>> Should PowerShell have a forum within this set of webpages?
>>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>>>>
>>> There is a PowerShell fporum under the technet furums:
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/
>>> threads
>>> Karl - http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
>>
>> I am trying to understand how Microsoft determines what goes where, or
>> even why there is more than one top level location for the forums.
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums
>> Are there any other top levels besides "msdn" and "technet" for
>> forums?
>>
>
> That I know of:
> http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
> http://forums.xna.com/forums/
> http://forums.asp.net/
> (Found several here
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx)
> I also frequent the independent PowerShell Community, though not as
> often as I should:
> http://powershellcommunity.org/Forums.aspx
> Karl - http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
>
Thanks!

Digging into these I also spotted these that have PowerShell coverage.


http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagerextensibility/threads


http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2management/threads

- Larry
 

My Computer

K

Karl Mitschke

Hello Larry__Weiss,

> On 5/27/2010 2:07 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:
>

>>> On 5/26/2010 3:36 PM, Karl Mitschke wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Should PowerShell have a forum within this set of webpages?
>>>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>>>>>
>>>> There is a PowerShell fporum under the technet furums:
>>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershel
>>>> l/
>>>> threads
>>>> Karl - http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
>>> I am trying to understand how Microsoft determines what goes where,
>>> or
>>> even why there is more than one top level location for the forums.
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums
>>> Are there any other top levels besides "msdn" and "technet" for
>>> forums?
>> That I know of:
>> http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>> http://forums.xna.com/forums/
>> http://forums.asp.net/
>> (Found several here
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx)
>> I also frequent the independent PowerShell Community, though not as
>> often as I should:
>> http://powershellcommunity.org/Forums.aspx
>> Karl - http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
> Thanks!
>
> Digging into these I also spotted these that have PowerShell coverage.
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagerexte
> nsibility/threads
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2ma
> nagement/threads
>
> - Larry
>
Larry;

You're welcome

I should have mentined the Server 20908 R2 one, as I (occasionally) pop in
there - I didn't mention the Ops Manager one as there's hardly any PowerShell
content (from what I've seen)

Good catch, though :)

Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
[string]([regex]::Matches("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574",'(.{2})')|%{[char][Convert]::ToInt32($_.value,16)})
 

My Computer

Top