• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!!

H
#1
Hello,

I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.

I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.

I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt because
when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.

Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
correct location or
show me the link i require and what to do with it.

Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.
 

My Computer

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

#2
The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
printer....

(written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AE316A32-7213-4F79-A128-EB6286C4A928@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
>
> I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
>
> I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> because
> when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
>
> Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> correct location or
> show me the link i require and what to do with it.
>
> Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.
 

My Computer

H
#3
Hi,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the all in one machine. i have tried to
connect by usb and it still does the same. It prints from IE7.0, EXCEL 2003
and PUBLISHER 2003 and not the rest of the suite.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
> printer....
>
> (written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AE316A32-7213-4F79-A128-EB6286C4A928@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> > POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
> >
> > I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> > printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> > comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> > dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
> >
> > I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> > BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> > perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> > spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> > purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> > because
> > when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
> >
> > Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> > spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> > correct location or
> > show me the link i require and what to do with it.
> >
> > Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.

>
>
 

My Computer

H
#4
Hello,

Any news on my query. Pls get back to me. I really need to Word & powerpoint
to print.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The first thing you should do is completely uninstall and reinstall your
> printer....
>
> (written for XP but same procedure for Vista)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Hits" <Hits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AE316A32-7213-4F79-A128-EB6286C4A928@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and
> > POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web.
> >
> > I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The
> > printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file
> > comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just
> > dissappears from the print queue and wont print anything.
> >
> > I have been in touch with the manufacturer of my all in one printer -
> > BROTHER and they have confirmed my wireless connection and setup is
> > perfectly fine. They have found out that the problem lies with my "print
> > spooler" on my VISTA HOME PREMIUM edition which was pre-loaded when i
> > purchased my new laptop. They said the print spooler may be corrupt
> > because
> > when i tried a test print from their diagnostic page nothing printed.
> >
> > Brother advised me to go onto your site to download/update the print
> > spooler, but i cant seem to locate it. Please could you point me to the
> > correct location or
> > show me the link i require and what to do with it.
> >
> > Look forward to your reply a.s.a.p.

>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#5
<< which wont print from WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine
from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web. >>

Have you made sure that the printer has been selected as the Default
Printer (The printer icon should have a check mark against it in
Control Panel / Printers) since WORD will often not print unless there
is a default printer selected.

I don't know about Powerpoint.
 

My Computer

H
#6
The printer is selected as default. When i try to print from WORD the
following happens :-
1) The document comes in the print queue.
2) All in one machine lights up.
3) Document dissappears and nothing prints.

I need to sorting out soon as possible because im going to be working @ home
soon; WORD and POWERPOINT are essential packages which i need to use.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> << which wont print from WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine
> from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web. >>
>
> Have you made sure that the printer has been selected as the Default
> Printer (The printer icon should have a check mark against it in
> Control Panel / Printers) since WORD will often not print unless there
> is a default printer selected.
>
> I don't know about Powerpoint.
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#7
In article <953588DF-F5FD-4E0A-87E4-45724DAA0120@microsoft.com>, Hits
wrote:

> I have uninstalled and reinstalled the all in one machine.


When you did this did you have the USB cable disconnected from the PC?
This is essential for many USB devices or Windows installs its own
driver and not the more fully featured one supplied by the hardware
manufacturer.

You might check out Ports in the Properties of the Printer -- right
mouse click on its Icon in Control Panel / Printers.

Otherwise if it really is the spooler I don't know how you go about
repairing or reinstalling it.

Might be a good idea to remove any documents that are listed in the
spooler and to clear all caches -- My Computer / <windows drive> /
Properties / Diskclean.

You might find some ideas in Help & Support / [print spooler corrupted]
 

My Computer

stansteam

New Member
Messages
2
#8
I am having exactly the same problems. I am using VISTA HOME PREMIUM and have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003. It also prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER, NOTEPAD and the web.

I have followed the advice above and reinstalled the updated drivers from Brothers etc but with no success.

Is there any update on this??

Thanks
 

My Computer

H
#9
I had reinstalled with the cable connected.

I have done everything you had asked :-

1) The ports were checked by Brother helpdesk & thats perfectly fine.
2) Disk clean done.
3) Help & support dont mention anything about corrupted print spooler.

None of the above methods have made a difference.

Please investigate this matter a.s.a.p.. Since you dont know how to repair
the spooler please can you ask someone else.

I really need this to be sorted out this week. Please reply back as quick as
possible.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <953588DF-F5FD-4E0A-87E4-45724DAA0120@microsoft.com>, Hits
> wrote:
>
> > I have uninstalled and reinstalled the all in one machine.

>
> When you did this did you have the USB cable disconnected from the PC?
> This is essential for many USB devices or Windows installs its own
> driver and not the more fully featured one supplied by the hardware
> manufacturer.
>
> You might check out Ports in the Properties of the Printer -- right
> mouse click on its Icon in Control Panel / Printers.
>
> Otherwise if it really is the spooler I don't know how you go about
> repairing or reinstalling it.
>
> Might be a good idea to remove any documents that are listed in the
> spooler and to clear all caches -- My Computer / <windows drive> /
> Properties / Diskclean.
>
> You might find some ideas in Help & Support / [print spooler corrupted]
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#10
In article <EEF9D5A0-8043-4EA4-9BAB-2424E89B3F26@microsoft.com>, Hits wrote:

> Please investigate this matter a.s.a.p.. Since you dont know how to repair 
> the spooler please can you ask someone else.


This is not a Microsoft service bureau! <s> We are all users helping users
and some of us know more about specific problems that others do.
 

My Computer

H
#11
Sorry i forgot this group is users only. Do you have any other suggestions ??

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <EEF9D5A0-8043-4EA4-9BAB-2424E89B3F26@microsoft.com>, Hits wrote:
>
> > Please investigate this matter a.s.a.p.. Since you dont know how to repair
> > the spooler please can you ask someone else.

>
> This is not a Microsoft service bureau! <s> We are all users helping users
> and some of us know more about specific problems that others do.
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#12
Since it is limited to WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003 and both are non-
current I'd look for updates to them on the MS OFICE UPDATES pages and
if there is a newsgroup for OFFICE - I'm sure there must be -- I'd ask
there.

I'm using WORD 2002/XP under VISTA (part of WORKS 8 Suite) and it
prints without problems to my HP LJ 2200D.

And of course Google is your friend!
 

My Computer

H
#13
Thanks for the info. Im on the MS OFFICE site now but i dont know what type
of update im looking for.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> Since it is limited to WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003 and both are non-
> current I'd look for updates to them on the MS OFICE UPDATES pages and
> if there is a newsgroup for OFFICE - I'm sure there must be -- I'd ask
> there.
>
> I'm using WORD 2002/XP under VISTA (part of WORKS 8 Suite) and it
> prints without problems to my HP LJ 2200D.
>
> And of course Google is your friend!
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#14
In article <E1A52977-E4B3-4C7B-BA81-56B12DC6684E@microsoft.com>, Hits
wrote:

> . Im on the MS OFFICE site now but i dont know what type 
> of update im looking for. 


Can't help you with that but I think there is a wizard that will scan
your installation and tell you what updates you do not have. It allows
you to choose and it would make it easier to scan the texts saying what
the fixes do.

You could also ask in the OFFICE Forum on Compuserve:

http://community.compuserve.com/msoffice

Give them full information on the version of VISTA and of OFFICE
together with any error messages you get when it won't print.
 

My Computer

H
#15
Thanks for your help so far. Do you know where the update wizard is accessed
from. Could you send me the link please.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <E1A52977-E4B3-4C7B-BA81-56B12DC6684E@microsoft.com>, Hits
> wrote:
>
> > . Im on the MS OFFICE site now but i dont know what type
> > of update im looking for.

>
> Can't help you with that but I think there is a wizard that will scan
> your installation and tell you what updates you do not have. It allows
> you to choose and it would make it easier to scan the texts saying what
> the fixes do.
>
> You could also ask in the OFFICE Forum on Compuserve:
>
> http://community.compuserve.com/msoffice
>
> Give them full information on the version of VISTA and of OFFICE
> together with any error messages you get when it won't print.
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#16
I thought you were on the page already:

Microsoft Office Online:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx

There's a box there:

Check for updates
Scan for the latest stability and security updates now.

Check for Microsoft Updates

Office Update: Get additional Office updates

It occurs to me that you might want to download and install this
utility and see if it prints correctly:

4. PowerPoint Viewer 2007 Download Now
 

My Computer

H
#17
Hello there. The problem has now been rectified, i can print from Word and
Powerpoint sucessfully @ last.

I did the following :-

1) click the microsoft link you gave me.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx
2) downloaded the update installer.
3) ran the update program which updates windows & office. Restart the laptop.
4) then carried out a procedure which Brother mentioned last week which was
:-
* Go to control panel - Printers - right click & select properties - click
Advanced tab - click Print Processors - select WINPRINT - click apply and
then click OK.

My all in one machine is now up & running at last. Mission accomplished!!

Thanks for all your help. :)



"huwyngr" wrote:

> I thought you were on the page already:
>
> Microsoft Office Online:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx
>
> There's a box there:
>
> Check for updates
> Scan for the latest stability and security updates now.
>
> Check for Microsoft Updates
>
> Office Update: Get additional Office updates
>
> It occurs to me that you might want to download and install this
> utility and see if it prints correctly:
>
> 4. PowerPoint Viewer 2007 Download Now
>
>
 

My Computer

H
#19
I've not tried to scan or fax by using the brother software or VISTA's Fax &
Scanning. Where is the VISTA's Fax & Scanning ? Ill try it tonight & let you
know.

"huwyngr" wrote:

> That is very good news -- I'm glad that updating worked.
>
> Are you able to scan from within VISTA's Fax & Scanning ?
>
>
 

My Computer

H

huwyngr

#20
In article <1E0499DF-CDA4-4997-A84B-8C9CFFCE0684@microsoft.com>, Hits
wrote:

> Where is the VISTA's Fax & Scanning ?


I don't think you ever said which version of VISTA you have. Some
don't.

Check Help & Support on the START menu?
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)