Problem Loading Fresh Vista 64 bit

Dhupke21

:o Hi Guys, I am having major difficulties installing Vista 64 on my system.....

To start off it ran Windows XP 32 just fine for 2.5 years no problems at all, decided to upgrade to 64 bit vista, so I formatted and put Windows Vista dvd in and of course its nto seeing my hard drive(which is fine cuz it did this for XP, but this of course didint work with vista) I have tried to load every single promise and/or nforce driver out there(eveyrhting from the AMD 64 sites, promise.com, nvidia.com every driver that I could find posted in the forums for someone with a similar situation, I have searched through all the forums and tried just about every solution to no avail, I even tried just raiding my single hard drive and loading fasttrak drivers, not really knowledgeable in the SATA/RAID or whatever area though so I might be doing something wrong here, I have a pretty good feeling it has to do with the 378 controller and the SATA/RAID setup....sometimes it will recognise the partition and it will start to load but then I get this error after about 2 minutes: "Windows cannot install required files, the file may be corrupt or missing, make sure all files required for install are avaialable and restart. Error Code: 0x80070017"

My system specs are as follows..

Amd Athlon 64 fx-53 2.4 ghz
Asus Nforce3 pro 150 motherboard
2 gb Corsair High performance ram
Radeon X800 pro XT
Just ONE WD Raptor SATA 36 gb hard drive
Promise SATA378 COntroller
Onboard sound
A network card
(will expand on other stuff if need be, but I dont see that as a perogative right now)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent upwards of almost two days trying every possible thing to figure this out. THis is my last ditch effort otherwise I have wasted a great deal of money and time :(. Please help!

PS....

WinXP Promise SATA 378 IDE Controller driver - PlanetAMD64

This topic talks about setting the single hard drive as a raid of 1 drive which I did and I think I downloaded the correct driver and I still got the same results......grrrrr soooo frustrating guys haha. THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

My Computer

Hmmm

hmmm Im guessing the motherboard/controller is just not compatible with Vista 64? Am I right????? If this is the Case, as much as it hurts to find out...... can someone give me some good suggestions for a motherboard that would work with Vista 64 bit(emphasis on 64 bit). Keep in mind that it also has to be able to support the other componets in my system which are posted above. thanks guys.

My Computer

hmmm Im guessing the motherboard/controller is just not compatible with Vista 64? Am I right????? If this is the Case, as much as it hurts to find out...... can someone give me some good suggestions for a motherboard that would work with Vista 64 bit(emphasis on 64 bit). Keep in mind that it also has to be able to support the other componets in my system which are posted above. thanks guys.

Hi, i installed Vista 64 on the MSI P6N SLI board. My Perc4e-dc (PCI-E to Scsi U320) was not seen, but this was helped thanks to a Beta Bios from MSI.

However MSI claims that the PCI-E slot works with.....Promise controllers. However the board has S-ATA on board, so you only would need to connect your drive(s).

Mind, there is only ONE PCI-E x16 slot and ONE PCI-E x1 slot OR you can convert this to 2x PCI-E x8, which can give problems with your VGA card;

I am sure MSI has boards that would be ok for you. You can go to their website and pop the question here:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://support.msi-computer.nl/su_support.php[/FONT]

F

My Computer

Back