• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problem running 6TO4 Adapter driver

D

David F

#1
I've had a yellow triangle for awhile on the 6TO4 adapter driver for Vista
Business 64:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device. (Code 31)"

I tried to do a driver update and I have the most up-to-date driver. I
couldn't find anything in the event viewer and when I tried to report the
problem to Msft I didn't get any fix solution.

Any ideas? TIA.
 

My Computer

C

Carlos

#2
David,
It seems that you are having problems with your current driver for your
network card or chipset.
Best place to start would be your PC or laptop manufacturer web site and
check there for updated driver, forums, faqs.
Second place would be the card or chipset manufacturer.
I never use MSFT hardware drivers unless I cannot pinpoint its original
manufacturer.
Here is an example of the workarounds that some people have experienced:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/t1190414616
Carlos

"David F" wrote:

> I've had a yellow triangle for awhile on the 6TO4 adapter driver for Vista
> Business 64:
>
> "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
> required for this device. (Code 31)"
>
> I tried to do a driver update and I have the most up-to-date driver. I
> couldn't find anything in the event viewer and when I tried to report the
> problem to Msft I didn't get any fix solution.
>
> Any ideas? TIA.
>
 

My Computer

D

David F

#3
Carlos,
Thanks! David
"Carlos" <Carlos@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:17C91646-C571-451A-BE1D-8F847F2662BD@xxxxxx

> David,
> It seems that you are having problems with your current driver for your
> network card or chipset.
> Best place to start would be your PC or laptop manufacturer web site and
> check there for updated driver, forums, faqs.
> Second place would be the card or chipset manufacturer.
> I never use MSFT hardware drivers unless I cannot pinpoint its original
> manufacturer.
> Here is an example of the workarounds that some people have experienced:
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/t1190414616
> Carlos
>
> "David F" wrote:
>

>> I've had a yellow triangle for awhile on the 6TO4 adapter driver for
>> Vista
>> Business 64:
>>
>> "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
>> drivers
>> required for this device. (Code 31)"
>>
>> I tried to do a driver update and I have the most up-to-date driver. I
>> couldn't find anything in the event viewer and when I tried to report the
>> problem to Msft I didn't get any fix solution.
>>
>> Any ideas? TIA.
>>
 

My Computer

D

David F

#4
Here is the Msft official writeup:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2726928&SiteID=17

"David F" <dfumento@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2E6F7A73-8252-499C-826F-AEA01A0474D7@xxxxxx

> Carlos,
> Thanks! David
> "Carlos" <Carlos@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:17C91646-C571-451A-BE1D-8F847F2662BD@xxxxxx

>> David,
>> It seems that you are having problems with your current driver for your
>> network card or chipset.
>> Best place to start would be your PC or laptop manufacturer web site and
>> check there for updated driver, forums, faqs.
>> Second place would be the card or chipset manufacturer.
>> I never use MSFT hardware drivers unless I cannot pinpoint its original
>> manufacturer.
>> Here is an example of the workarounds that some people have experienced:
>> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/t1190414616
>> Carlos
>>
>> "David F" wrote:
>>

>>> I've had a yellow triangle for awhile on the 6TO4 adapter driver for
>>> Vista
>>> Business 64:
>>>
>>> "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
>>> drivers
>>> required for this device. (Code 31)"
>>>
>>> I tried to do a driver update and I have the most up-to-date driver. I
>>> couldn't find anything in the event viewer and when I tried to report
>>> the
>>> problem to Msft I didn't get any fix solution.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? TIA.
>>>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)