recovery manager

vistafever

hey does anyone know were i can get the recovery manager for my HP pavilion desktop computer a1253w?

ive looked for it everywere in my computer but it isnt there...

My Computer

hey does anyone know were i can get the recovery manager for my HP pavilion desktop computer a1253w?

Welcome to the forums!

According to the HP support website, here are the steps to use the recovery manager:

Starting the recovery from Windows Vista
Use the following steps to recover the computer starting from the Windows Vista desktop:
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all connected devices (such as the Personal Media Drive, USB drives, printer, and fax), remove media from drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. From the Windows desktop click Start
    c00834869.gif
    , and then All Programs .
  5. Click PC Help & Tools .
  6. Click Recovery Manager .
    The Recovery Manager Welcome screen appears.
  7. Click Next .
  8. On the Software Program Re-installation screen select No , and then click Next .
  9. On the Hardware Re-installation screen select No , and then click Next .
  10. On the screen that prompts for Microsoft System Restore select No , and then click Next .
  11. The Recovery Manager prompts if you want to restore the computer to its original factory shipped condition. Click Yes , and then click Next .
    The computer restarts and opens the Recovery Manager program.
  12. Click Next .
  13. On the Microsoft System Restore screen select No , and then click Next .
  14. Confirm that you want to run a System Recovery by selecting Yes , and then click Next .
  15. The Recovery Manager gives you the option of backing up your data files. Backing up your files is recommended. To back up your files select Yes , and then click Next . Follow the onscreen instructions.
    If you do not want to backup your files, select No , and then click Next .
  16. After the System Recovery is complete, the computer restarts and continues into Windows setup. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup. Then, turn off the computer, reconnect all peripheral devices, and turn on the computer.
  17. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the System Recovery.
  18. Reinstall any software applications that were added after puchasing the computer, and any files that were backed up.
If you can't access the recovery manager with these steps or it's not working, you'll need to order recovery disks from HP directly.
Please let us know if this works for you.

Here's the source URL which contains links that may be helpful to you: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows Vista 

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 X 1 GB DDR2 Kingston 800 Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Dell 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    3360x1050
    Hard Drives
    320 GB Internal Main
    500 GB USB External
    160 GB USB External
    2TB USB External
    Internet Speed
    DSL 3MB

Type recovery manager in Orb > Search box and hit enter. Also HP should be able to provide you with a recovery disk for a price.

My Computer

Back