• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Regsvr32 error 0x80004005

C

chris

Whilst running regsvr32 for an ocx component I get an error 'the module
'blah.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error
code 0x80004005.

Any ideas anyone ?

My Computer

R

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Chris,

0x80004005 denotes "Access is denied" error. See if running the Regsvr32 command-line from an elevated Command Prompt helps.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

My Computer

R

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Josef

You simply right click the Command Prompt shoercut and select Run As
Administrator from the pop-up menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

My Computer

P

Paul-B

Open a command box as administrator... right click the icon and select
the "Run as Administrator" option.

--
Paul-B

My Computer

O

Overstressed admin

no such luck

The error message was the same. I tried running as an admin, logged on as an admin, no such luck. First time I have seen this. Trying to setup muvpn on vista.

regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\irebase.dll returns error "irebase was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error0x80004005

My Computer

R

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: no such luck

May be a registry permissions issue. Use Regmon or Process Monitor to track.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

<Overstressed admin> wrote in message news:20072914815liamjn@yahoo.com...
The error message was the same. I tried running as an admin, logged on as an admin, no such luck. First time I have seen this. Trying to setup muvpn on vista.

regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\irebase.dll returns error "irebase was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error0x80004005

My Computer

Larkspur

I am having the same problem as mentioned here. I do not have command prompt icon. ? I tried to run the command (regsvr32 path\vbscript.dll) from the 'DOS' command prompt but am unsuccessful. How can I run this as an administrator?

My Computer

R

Ramesh, MS-MVP

To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

My Computer

brianm

I had the same problem. Running the command prompt as administrator worked for me as well. I was surprised though, because my user is part of the adminstrators group. Does anyone know what the difference is between running as administrator and being part of the administrators group? I thought they had the same level of priviledges.

Brian

My Computer

R

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Brian,

This is a major change in Windows Vista. Although the user may be part of the Administrators group, they run in standard user mode. When a system-wide operation is performed, the elevation dialog is shown. In case of legacy applications (that don't have the requireAdministrator flag set in the manifest), the user need to right-click on the program and choose "Run as Administrator".

See also:

User Account Control Overview:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa906021.aspx

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]

My Computer

vimales

Hi Ramesh,
I did as you suggested, typed in Run as admin and it did say vbscript.dll succeeded.
But when I'm in systems32, trying to open a .dll file with Microsoft(C) Registry Server, the same error popped out.
I am lost, pls help....

stressed,
Vimales

My Computer

A

Aldridge

This problem may occur if a file that the Windows Product Activation
(WPA) requires is damaged or missing. This behavior occurs if one or
both of the following conditions are true:

- A third-party backup utility or an antivirus program interferes
with the installation of Windows XP.
- A file that WPA requires is manually modified

you can try this
http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1127102.htm

--
Aldridge

My Computer

Dileep

While running regsvr32 for registering a vb6 application dll i got an error message "DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005."

Any ideas anyone ?

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)