Repair icon the the control panel

D

David Sherman

For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
"Classic View".

How do I restore it?

thanks
 

My Computer

Z

Zack Whittaker

It's not there. Instead, select "Programs" then select your option from
there :o)

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
that up!

--: Original message follows :--
"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
> "Classic View".
>
> How do I restore it?
>
> thanks
 

My Computer

A

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

My Computer

D

David Sherman

Under Control Panel, there is a program item. The add programs is
empty and there is no remove.

If I go to "Non-classis view, i see an icon that says remove programs.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:57:12 +0100, "Zack Whittaker"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It's not there. Instead, select "Programs" then select your option from
>there :o)
>
>--
>Zack Whittaker
>» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
>» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
>» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
>» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
>rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
>of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
>that up!
>
> --: Original message follows :--
>"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]
>> For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
>> "Classic View".
>>
>> How do I restore it?
>>
>> thanks

>
 

My Computer

A

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

In Build 5365, I see four icons, Currently Running Programs, Installed
Programs, Startup Programs and Windows Features.
Currently Running Programs - Open applications that are running or Task that
are running in the backgroun.

Installed Programs - Programs you have installed on Windows Vista

Startup Programs - Applications that load up in your start up folder, such
as Adobe Gamma, Acrobat Distiller for example.

Windows Features - Components that come installed with Windows, such as
Games, IIS, NFS for example.
--
--
Andre
Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta


"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Under Control Panel, there is a program item. The add programs is
> empty and there is no remove.
>
> If I go to "Non-classis view, i see an icon that says remove programs.
>
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:57:12 +0100, "Zack Whittaker"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It's not there. Instead, select "Programs" then select your option from
>>there :o)
>>
>>--
>>Zack Whittaker
>>» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
>>» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
>>» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
>>» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
>>rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and
>>not
>>of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
>>that up!
>>
>> --: Original message follows :--
>>"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]
>>> For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
>>> "Classic View".
>>>
>>> How do I restore it?
>>>
>>> thanks

>>

>
 

My Computer

D

David Sherman

It is a pain to find. It can be found inder installed programs.


On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:14:01 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Depending on the build you are using, its a blank icon, just look for the
>name Programs.
>--
>--
>Andre
>Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>
>"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]
>> For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
>> "Classic View".
>>
>> How do I restore it?
>>
>> thanks

>
 

My Computer

A

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

But "Installed Programs" is located under "Programs"
--
--
Andre
Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> It is a pain to find. It can be found inder installed programs.
>
>
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:14:01 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Depending on the build you are using, its a blank icon, just look for the
>>name Programs.
>>--
>>--
>>Andre
>>Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>
>>"David Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]
>>> For some reason, the add/remove program icon in the Control Panel
>>> "Classic View".
>>>
>>> How do I restore it?
>>>
>>> thanks

>>

>
 

My Computer

Top