• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Restoring a deleted FOLDER in Windows Mail...

B

Bwepp

#1
I inadvertently deleted a Folder ... is there any way I can restore the
folder and its contents? I do not have a backup of my mail. THx
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

#2
When you delete something in Windows Mail it goes into the
Deleted Items folder. If you empty that folder, recovery is uncertain
and can't be done from within Windows Mail. Try a file undelete
utility like Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Bwepp" <Bwepp@newsgroup> wrote in message news:8E4A6F99-2E29-40D9-881F-69382B688961@newsgroup

>I inadvertently deleted a Folder ... is there any way I can restore the
> folder and its contents? I do not have a backup of my mail. THx
 

My Computer

B

Bwepp

#3
THx Gary - if I delete a single message it goes to the Deleted Items folder,
but I deleted an entire Folder (which contained a number of messages). The
deleted Folder does not appear in Deleted Items, or at least I cannot find it
anywhere. I'll look at your suggested undelete utility.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> When you delete something in Windows Mail it goes into the
> Deleted Items folder. If you empty that folder, recovery is uncertain
> and can't be done from within Windows Mail. Try a file undelete
> utility like Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>
>
> "Bwepp" <Bwepp@newsgroup> wrote in message news:8E4A6F99-2E29-40D9-881F-69382B688961@newsgroup

> >I inadvertently deleted a Folder ... is there any way I can restore the
> > folder and its contents? I do not have a backup of my mail. THx
> .
>
 

My Computer

#4
"Bwepp" <Bwepp@newsgroup> wrote in message
news:F97D450E-35E4-4A49-A75A-72D2B146E496@newsgroup

> THx Gary - if I delete a single message it goes to the Deleted Items
> folder,
> but I deleted an entire Folder (which contained a number of messages). The
> deleted Folder does not appear in Deleted Items, or at least I cannot find
> it
> anywhere. I'll look at your suggested undelete utility.

A deleted folder normally presents itself as a + sign next to the deleted
items folder.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

#5
Deleting a folder should act the same as deleting an email.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Bwepp" <Bwepp@newsgroup> wrote in message news:F97D450E-35E4-4A49-A75A-72D2B146E496@newsgroup

> THx Gary - if I delete a single message it goes to the Deleted Items folder,
> but I deleted an entire Folder (which contained a number of messages). The
> deleted Folder does not appear in Deleted Items, or at least I cannot find it
> anywhere. I'll look at your suggested undelete utility.
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>

>> When you delete something in Windows Mail it goes into the
>> Deleted Items folder. If you empty that folder, recovery is uncertain
>> and can't be done from within Windows Mail. Try a file undelete
>> utility like Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>
>>
>> "Bwepp" <Bwepp@newsgroup> wrote in message news:8E4A6F99-2E29-40D9-881F-69382B688961@newsgroup

>> >I inadvertently deleted a Folder ... is there any way I can restore the
>> > folder and its contents? I do not have a backup of my mail. THx
>> .
>>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)