• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

same error 0x800CCC79

weldeep

New Member
Messages
4
#1
My error message is
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
The rejected e-mail address was xxx.xxx@xxx.it'. Subject 'test', Account: 'xxx', Server: 'xxx.xxx.it', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 No RDNS entry for 59.92.187.217', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I am in India. Using 3 ISPs at different times. Same problem with all ISPs.

Searched a lot for this problem, couldn't find answer anywhere.

In the meantime, problem was solved automatically, but has again popped up now.

Email was working fine for last 1 and half yrs. All the settings are perfect. All of a sudden this started.

Pls help.
Vinay
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
Attempting to use an SMTP server not owned by your Internet
connection provider is usually problematical.

Use one of the following workarounds when sending away from
your home ISP:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail
account, configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending chores.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message news:65e242955f728f6deb1fed7dfabc15f9@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> My error message is
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
> the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
> determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
> service provider.
> The rejected e-mail address was 'xxx.xxx@xxxxxx'' (xxx.xxx@xxxxxx).
> Subject 'test', Account: 'xxx', Server: 'xxx.xxx.it', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '550 No RDNS entry for 59.92.187.217', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> I am in India. Using 3 ISPs at different times. Same problem with all
> ISPs.
>
> Searched a lot for this problem, couldn't find answer anywhere.
>
> In the meantime, problem was solved automatically, but has again popped
> up now.
>
> Email was working fine for last 1 and half yrs. All the settings are
> perfect. All of a sudden this started.
>
> Pls help.
> Vinay
>
>
> --
> weldeep
 

My Computer

weldeep

New Member
Messages
4
#3
Thanks Gary VanderMolen for your reply.

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser). - I am using that already but it's nuisance to log in everytime as it automatically logs off after some time. U can't drag and drop attachments like in widows mail. all the other disadvantages which u know.
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.- I contacted them but the call center guys don't seem to be knowing what's that. i'm in india and mostly using bsnl as isp (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.)
3. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail
account, configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending chores. - I survive only on sending and receiving emails.
I can't do without them. I have even configured gmail but the same problem with this as well, as written in point 1 about webmail.

pls suggest anything else could be of help. could there be something wrong with our company's email server? it's in italy.
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#4
There is nothing wrong with your mail server in Italy.
It notices you are connecting from a foreign country, so as
an anti-spam measure it makes some extra checks on the validity
of your point of origin. One of those checks fails (reverse DNS not
available for the BSNL connection).

Your objection to Gmail doesn't hold water. Gmail is not webmail only,
it also offers POP/SMTP access via your Windows Mail program:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

You can even configure the 'From' address in Gmail to be
you@xxxxxx, see
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=22370

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message news:f3cdffc5edfd9b487ab5a4176ebbb484@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Thanks Gary VanderMolen for your reply.
>
> 1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser). - I am using that
> already but it's nuisance to log in everytime as it automatically logs
> off after some time. U can't drag and drop attachments like in widows
> mail. all the other disadvantages which u know.
> 2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.- I
> contacted them but the call center guys don't seem to be knowing what's
> that. i'm in india and mostly using bsnl as isp ('Bharat Sanchar Nigam
> Ltd.'
> (http://www.bsnl.co.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=BSNL Broadband))
> 3. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail
> account, configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending
> chores. - I survive only on sending and receiving emails.
> I can't do without them. I have even configured gmail but the same
> problem with this as well, as written in point 1 about webmail.
>
> pls suggest anything else could be of help. could there be something
> wrong with our company's email server? it's in italy.
>
>
> --
> weldeep
 

My Computer

weldeep

New Member
Messages
4
#5
Thanks again Gary, I was wrong about Gmail. My ignorance. I do not know as well,
how to set the Gmail account in windows mail. I tried the steps given in the link sent by you. But it configured only my gmail and not the official mail which I'm using.

I didn't understand step nos 7, and step 9 as to which email id i should type. what's Google Apps users?

My email id is different from my user id in the company's server.
for ex: user id : my.name@companyserver.it
password : xxxxx

email id : my.name@companyname.it

so when i had confirgured windows mail it was easy. but to configure windows mail, using gmail pop/smtp for my official address - is bit confusing.

hope u help me further.
thnks in adv.


There is nothing wrong with your mail server in Italy.
It notices you are connecting from a foreign country, so as
an anti-spam measure it makes some extra checks on the validity
of your point of origin. One of those checks fails (reverse DNS not
available for the BSNL connection).

Your objection to Gmail doesn't hold water. Gmail is not webmail only,
it also offers POP/SMTP access via your Windows Mail program:
Windows Mail - Gmail Help

You can even configure the 'From' address in Gmail to be
you@xxxxxx, see
Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message news:f3cdffc5edfd9b487ab5a4176ebbb484@xxxxxx-gateway.com...
>
> Thanks Gary VanderMolen for your reply.
>
> 1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser). - I am using that
> already but it's nuisance to log in everytime as it automatically logs
> off after some time. U can't drag and drop attachments like in widows
> mail. all the other disadvantages which u know.
> 2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.- I
> contacted them but the call center guys don't seem to be knowing what's
> that. i'm in india and mostly using bsnl as isp ('Bharat Sanchar Nigam
> Ltd.'
> (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.))
> 3. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail
> account, configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending
> chores. - I survive only on sending and receiving emails.
> I can't do without them. I have even configured gmail but the same
> problem with this as well, as written in point 1 about webmail.
>
> pls suggest anything else could be of help. could there be something
> wrong with our company's email server? it's in italy.
>
>
> --
> weldeep
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#6
First things first. Have you applied for and obtained a Gmail address?
http://mail.google.com/mail/signup

Then enter that address in Steps 7 and 9 (for the time being).
Once you get that account set up in Windows Mail, test it out to
make sure it is working properly, both sending and receiving.
Once that is done, proceed with the customization procedure per
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=22370

After you complete those 9 steps, make the corresponding change
in Windows Mail. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that Gmail account,
Properties, and on the General tab change the 'E-mail address' entry
to what you just got approved through the Gmail customization process.

Your correspondents will not be aware that you are sending through
a different SMTP server because the 'From' address they see is the
same as before.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message news:34d2634fdbc4140093a60656872bc604@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Thanks again Gary, I was wrong about Gmail. My ignorance. I do not know
> as well,
> how to set the Gmail account in windows mail. I tried the steps given
> in the link sent by you. But it configured only my gmail and not the
> official mail which I'm using.
>
> I didn't understand step nos 7, and step 9 as to which email id i
> should type. what's Google Apps users?
>
> My email id is different from my user id in the company's server.
> for ex: user id : my.'name@xxxxxx' (my.name@xxxxxx)
>
> password : xxxxx
>
> email id : my.name@xxxxxx
>
> so when i had confirgured windows mail it was easy. but to configure
> windows mail, using gmail pop/smtp for my official address - is bit
> confusing.
>
> hope u help me further.
> thnks in adv.
>
>
> Gary VanderMolen;983797 Wrote:

>> There is nothing wrong with your mail server in Italy.
>> It notices you are connecting from a foreign country, so as
>> an anti-spam measure it makes some extra checks on the validity
>> of your point of origin. One of those checks fails (reverse DNS not
>> available for the BSNL connection).
>>
>> Your objection to Gmail doesn't hold water. Gmail is not webmail only,
>> it also offers POP/SMTP access via your Windows Mail program:
>> 'Windows Mail - Gmail Help'
>> (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383)
>>
>> You can even configure the 'From' address in Gmail to be
>> you@xxxxxx, see
>> 'Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help'
>> (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=22370)
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>
>>
>> "weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:f3cdffc5edfd9b487ab5a4176ebbb484@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > >
>> > > Thanks Gary VanderMolen for your reply.
>> > >
>> > > 1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser). - I am using that
>> > > already but it's nuisance to log in everytime as it automatically
>> > logs
>> > > off after some time. U can't drag and drop attachments like in widows
>> > > mail. all the other disadvantages which u know.
>> > > 2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.- I
>> > > contacted them but the call center guys don't seem to be knowing
>> > what's
>> > > that. i'm in india and mostly using bsnl as isp ('Bharat Sanchar
>> > Nigam
>> > > Ltd.'
>> > > ('Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.'
>> > (http://www.bsnl.co.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=BSNL Broadband)))
>> > > 3. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail
>> > > account, configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending
>> > > chores. - I survive only on sending and receiving emails.
>> > > I can't do without them. I have even configured gmail but the same
>> > > problem with this as well, as written in point 1 about webmail.
>> > >
>> > > pls suggest anything else could be of help. could there be something
>> > > wrong with our company's email server? it's in italy.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > weldeep > >
>
>
> --
> weldeep
 

My Computer

weldeep

New Member
Messages
4
#7
Thanks a lot gary,

I successfully configured gmail pop. Only thing is my emails are going as myid@gmail.com but when reply button is clicked for my email, my official email id appears, (i did that setting)
wish there was something with gmail where in the receiver should receive my email as myname@mycompany.com instead of myid@gmail.com

thanks anyway. it was of lot of help as i was having problems with this for many days now.
cheers



First things first. Have you applied for and obtained a Gmail address?
http://mail.google.com/mail/signup

Then enter that address in Steps 7 and 9 (for the time being).
Once you get that account set up in Windows Mail, test it out to
make sure it is working properly, both sending and receiving.
Once that is done, proceed with the customization procedure per
Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help

After you complete those 9 steps, make the corresponding change
in Windows Mail. Go to Tools, Accounts, select that Gmail account,
Properties, and on the General tab change the 'E-mail address' entry
to what you just got approved through the Gmail customization process.

Your correspondents will not be aware that you are sending through
a different SMTP server because the 'From' address they see is the
same as before.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message news:34d2634fdbc4140093a60656872bc604@xxxxxx-gateway.com...
>
> Thanks again Gary, I was wrong about Gmail. My ignorance. I do not know
> as well,
> how to set the Gmail account in windows mail. I tried the steps given
> in the link sent by you. But it configured only my gmail and not the
> official mail which I'm using.
>
> I didn't understand step nos 7, and step 9 as to which email id i
> should type. what's Google Apps users?
>
> My email id is different from my user id in the company's server.
> for ex: user id : my.'name@xxxxxx' (my.name@xxxxxx)
>
> password : xxxxx
>
> email id : my.name@xxxxxx
>
> so when i had confirgured windows mail it was easy. but to configure
> windows mail, using gmail pop/smtp for my official address - is bit
> confusing.
>
> hope u help me further.
> thnks in adv.
>
>
> Gary VanderMolen;983797 Wrote:
>> There is nothing wrong with your mail server in Italy.
>> It notices you are connecting from a foreign country, so as
>> an anti-spam measure it makes some extra checks on the validity
>> of your point of origin. One of those checks fails (reverse DNS not
>> available for the BSNL connection).
>>
>> Your objection to Gmail doesn't hold water. Gmail is not webmail only,
>> it also offers POP/SMTP access via your Windows Mail program:
>> 'Windows Mail - Gmail Help'
>> (Windows Mail - Gmail Help)
>>
>> You can even configure the 'From' address in Gmail to be
>> you@xxxxxx, see
>> 'Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help'
>> (Adding a custom 'From' address - Gmail Help)
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>
>>
>> "weldeep" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:f3cdffc5edfd9b487ab5a4176ebbb484@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
>
>
> --
> weldeep
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)