• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sending mail in Unicode is broken

P

Pavel A.

#1
Sending html mail in Unicode seems broken - at least for Cyrillic encoding.

Even before sending, in the outbox, the message is already gibberish.
Ok, changed encoding manually to UTF-8, it looks ok then.
Edited it and saved in Outbox again: reverts to gibberish again.
Changed encoding to something else and back to UTF-8: readable again.
Sent to a gmail account. Received gibberish and no way to choose a correct
encoding,
selecting utf-8 or any Cyrillic encoding does not help.

Details: WinXP SP2 Pro with IE7, fully updated; both current user & default
OS language is English.

For now, have to send "as is" or.... use Google mail.
Duh. The beta is over, but the beta quality still here....

Regards,
--PA
 
C

Colin Brown WLMVP

#2
Have you made sure you've changed the International Settings under
Tools/Options and the Send tab?

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:#mjLKIPlIHA.5160@xxxxxx

> Sending html mail in Unicode seems broken - at least for Cyrillic
> encoding.
>
> Even before sending, in the outbox, the message is already gibberish.
> Ok, changed encoding manually to UTF-8, it looks ok then.
> Edited it and saved in Outbox again: reverts to gibberish again.
> Changed encoding to something else and back to UTF-8: readable again.
> Sent to a gmail account. Received gibberish and no way to choose a correct
> encoding,
> selecting utf-8 or any Cyrillic encoding does not help.
>
> Details: WinXP SP2 Pro with IE7, fully updated; both current user &
> default OS language is English.
>
> For now, have to send "as is" or.... use Google mail.
> Duh. The beta is over, but the beta quality still here....
>
> Regards,
> --PA
>
>
 
P

Pavel A.

#3
"Colin Brown WLMVP" <Hackersoft1@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ABF48B92-20B1-47D4-BDF6-E81B680ADC86@xxxxxx

> Have you made sure you've changed the International Settings under
> Tools/Options and the Send tab?
>
> Colin Brown
> WL MVP
No I haven't. Why this is neded?
The default encoding is left as "Western European (ISO)".

--PA



> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:#mjLKIPlIHA.5160@xxxxxx

>> Sending html mail in Unicode seems broken - at least for Cyrillic
>> encoding.
>>
>> Even before sending, in the outbox, the message is already gibberish.
>> Ok, changed encoding manually to UTF-8, it looks ok then.
>> Edited it and saved in Outbox again: reverts to gibberish again.
>> Changed encoding to something else and back to UTF-8: readable again.
>> Sent to a gmail account. Received gibberish and no way to choose a
>> correct encoding,
>> selecting utf-8 or any Cyrillic encoding does not help.
>>
>> Details: WinXP SP2 Pro with IE7, fully updated; both current user &
>> default OS language is English.
>>
>> For now, have to send "as is" or.... use Google mail.
>> Duh. The beta is over, but the beta quality still here....
>>
>> Regards,
>> --PA
>>
>>