• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sp1

T

TaurArian

#4
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is
not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

How to obtain the release notes for Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/

Notable changes in Vista SP1
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4B-32B2-41CC-BD8B-D71EDA5EC07C&displaylang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD ISO
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=a45652b1-e838-420a-b065-83960458e2ec
6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx

Assistance -

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18,
2009.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=11274&gprid=500921

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at
no charge through 18 Mar-09
.. US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921
.. CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921
.. UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921
.. AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921
.. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
| select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1


--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"ron" <ronaldlanzlotta@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7CB83AE3-1574-4F6C-A728-05A561516F75@xxxxxx
| how do i find windows vista sp1 and odownload it safely?thanks ron
| --
| ron lanzilotta
 

My Computer

R

RemyMaza

#5
On May 27, 6:40 am, "TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVEC...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is
> not offered by Automatic Updates:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343
>
> How to obtain the release notes for Windows Vista Service Pack 1http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330
>
> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service packhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/
>
> Notable changes in Vista SP1http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-4...
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MBhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5eb...
> Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=874A414B-32B...
> Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD ISOhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...
> 6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB
>
> Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx
>
> Assistance -
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no chargeuntil March 18,
> 2009.https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=...
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at
> no charge through 18 Mar-09
> . US:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gpr...
> . CA:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gpr...
> . UK:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gpr...
> . AU:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gpr...
> . Other:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
> | select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Serviceshttp://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>
> "ron" <ronaldlanzlo...@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> news:7CB83AE3-1574-4F6C-A728-05A561516F75@xxxxxx
> | how do i find windows vista sp1 and odownload it safely?thanks ron
> | --
> | ron lanzilotta
Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
Update.... I'm just making sure everyone knows that. This is
explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Regards,
Matt
 

My Computer

N

Nonny

#6
On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:27:39 -0700 (PDT), RemyMaza
<RemyMaza@xxxxxx> wrote:


>Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
>Update.... I'm just making sure everyone knows that. This is
>explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
>adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.
But it won't be offered at Windows Update if certain programs/drivers
are installed that aren't compatible.
 

My Computer

R

RemyMaza

#7
On May 27, 11:07 pm, Nonny <nonnymo...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:27:39 -0700 (PDT), RemyMaza
>
> <RemyM...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
> >Update....  I'm just making sure everyone knows that.  This is
> >explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
> >adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.
>
> But it won't be offered at Windows Update  if certain programs/drivers
> are installed that aren't compatible.
>
>
> >

> >Regards,
> >Matt- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Tru
 

My Computer

T

TaurArian

#8
The link that states that it's not available is a title of the url only - it gives reason
why there could be problems. Gives you a list of incompatible drivers etc. Geez, why do I
bother.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"RemyMaza" <RemyMaza@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:435291f5-be71-447c-8a03-0f133f337df3@xxxxxx
On May 27, 6:40 am, "TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVEC...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and
> is
> not offered by Automatic Updates:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343
>
> How to obtain the release notes for Windows Vista Service Pack
> 1http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330
>
> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service
> packhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/
>
> Notable changes in Vista
> SP1http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-4...
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5
> MBhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5eb...
> Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size:
> 726.5MB)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=874A414B-32B...
> Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD
> ISOhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...
> 6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB
>
> Things to know before you download Windows Vista
> SP1http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx
>
> Assistance -
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March
> 18,
> 2009.https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=7&prid=...
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at
> no charge through 18 Mar-09
> . US:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gpr...
> . CA:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gpr...
> . UK:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gpr...
> . AU:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gpr...
> . Other:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
> | select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Serviceshttp://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>
> "ron" <ronaldlanzlo...@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> news:7CB83AE3-1574-4F6C-A728-05A561516F75@xxxxxx
> | how do i find windows vista sp1 and odownload it safely?thanks ron
> | --
> | ron lanzilotta
Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
Update.... I'm just making sure everyone knows that. This is
explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Regards,
Matt
 

My Computer

T

TaurArian

#9
Correct which was what I was trying to point out in the article "Windows Vista Service
Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by
Automatic Updates:" which lists the incompatible drivers etc and possible reasons if
downloaded and installed might have problems.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco


"Nonny" <nonnymoose@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6qip34l3bfs5mdhvst1rsm798sdg48n37c@xxxxxx
| On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:27:39 -0700 (PDT), RemyMaza
| <RemyMaza@xxxxxx> wrote:
|
|
| >Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
| >Update.... I'm just making sure everyone knows that. This is
| >explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
| >adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.
|
| But it won't be offered at Windows Update if certain programs/drivers
| are installed that aren't compatible.
|
| >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
| >
| >Regards,
| >Matt
|
 

My Computer

C

chanook*xyz*

#10
chanook*xyz* I received my sp1 on my automatic update only after receiving
KB948881 and KB938371 plus having to update my Sigma Tel driver. Then 2
days later, the sp1 appeared for auto update. I did it and have had
absolutely no problems at all anywhere. thank goodness for that.
--
"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e3T6yyKwIHA.1768@xxxxxx

> Correct which was what I was trying to point out in the article "Windows
> Vista Service
> Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not
> offered by
> Automatic Updates:" which lists the incompatible drivers etc and possible
> reasons if
> downloaded and installed might have problems.
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>
>
> "Nonny" <nonnymoose@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:6qip34l3bfs5mdhvst1rsm798sdg48n37c@xxxxxx
> | On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:27:39 -0700 (PDT), RemyMaza
> | <RemyMaza@xxxxxx> wrote:
> |
> |
> | >Just to clarify to everyone.... Vista SP1 IS OFFERED THROUGH Windows
> | >Update.... I'm just making sure everyone knows that. This is
> | >explained in the 3rd link above provided by TaurArian even though he's
> | >adamant that it isn't available through Windows Update.
> |
> | But it won't be offered at Windows Update if certain programs/drivers
> | are installed that aren't compatible.
> |
> | >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
> | >
> | >Regards,
> | >Matt
> |
>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)