• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

spell check

D

David Baran

#1
When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
problem be?
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
Select another language. Click Apply. Reselect English. Click Apply.
It should work now.

Gary VanderMolen

"David Baran" <Dbaran@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23gpTd$ajHHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language is no longer available for spell checking. Please
> select another in the spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the problem be?
 

My Computer

C

Carol

#3
"David Baran" <Dbaran@new.rr.com> wrote in message
news:%23gpTd$ajHHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
> the problem be? go to tools and down to options and reenter english this
> fixed mine Carol
 

My Computer

C

Carol

#4
"David Baran" <Dbaran@new.rr.com> wrote in message
news:%23gpTd$ajHHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
> the problem be?

David go to tools and
 

My Computer

A

Anna Espe

#5
After you choose options there is another step that may not be so obvious to
others and that is you have to choose the Spelling tab, then you can choose
something other than English hit OK and then repeat the processes again by
selecting Tools-Options-Spelling-choose English (or whatever lanuguage you
want the spellcheck to edit) this time and click Apply-OK and the spell check
should work.

"Carol" wrote:

>
> "David Baran" <Dbaran@new.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:%23gpTd$ajHHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> > is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> > spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
> > the problem be? go to tools and down to options and reenter english this
> > fixed mine Carol

>
 

My Computer

J

J. Scott

#6
The latest proves my point - Vista is a MISTA of BULL when it comes to basic
service that is why I still have my XP Computer and others - because of such
silly stuff like spell check not functioning.

Give me Deeds, Not Words...............

Foolishness is for ever...............


js

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Select another language. Click Apply. Reselect English. Click Apply.
> It should work now.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "David Baran" <Dbaran@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23gpTd$ajHHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language is no longer available for spell checking. Please
> > select another in the spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the problem be?

>
>
>
 

My Computer

#7
"David Baran" wrote:

> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Guest

#8
"WJ" <WJ@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9E823722-C27D-4787-8034-B35E5E69882A@xxxxxx

>
>
> "David Baran" wrote:
>

>> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This
>> language
>> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
>> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
>> the
>> problem be?
>>
The default selection of English doesn't work. You need to make another
language the selection, and then change back to English.
 

My Computer

C

cutemaxe2525

#9
good work

"robertmiles@xxxxxx" wrote:

>
> "WJ" <WJ@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:9E823722-C27D-4787-8034-B35E5E69882A@xxxxxx

> >
> >
> > "David Baran" wrote:
> >

> >> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This
> >> language
> >> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> >> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
> >> the
> >> problem be?
> >>
> The default selection of English doesn't work. You need to make another
> language the selection, and then change back to English.
>
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Guest

#10
You're welcome.

"cutemaxe2525@xxxxxx"
<cutemaxe2525@xxxxxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DC041DAD-355B-4A89-ACE0-2154D4AB4BD2@xxxxxx

> good work
>
> "robertmiles@xxxxxx" wrote:
>

>>
>> "WJ" <WJ@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:9E823722-C27D-4787-8034-B35E5E69882A@xxxxxx

>> >
>> >
>> > "David Baran" wrote:
>> >
>> >> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This
>> >> language
>> >> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in
>> >> the
>> >> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What
>> >> could
>> >> the
>> >> problem be?
>> >>
>> The default selection of English doesn't work. You need to make another
>> language the selection, and then change back to English.
>>
>>
>>
 

My Computer

C

CharLee. . .girl

#11

> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Guest

#12
""CharLee. . .girl" <"CharLee. . .girl@xxxxxx> wrote in
message news:96B7536A-B007-47AE-AA69-0DA6B90D87FA@xxxxxx

>
>
>
>

>> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This
>> language
>> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
>> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
>> the
>> problem be?
>>
Windows Mail comes with the default language for spelling checks partly
set to English, but not enough to work. To correct this, click on Tools,
then Options, then Spelling, then the triangle to the right of English, then
some other language, then Apply, then the triangle again, then English,
then Apply again, then OK.
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,206
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#13

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
B

breezy-dog

#14
I graduated Cayuga Community College May 2007, with a two yr degree Associate
Applied Science; Retail Business Management, and one thing I remember was the
english courses that mentioned the Dept. of Education is incorporationg but
not successfully done so, a new language and newer computer programs like the
difficulties you describe with yours. So as only a suggestion check with the
Dept. of Education to verify this possibility or eaiser than that check with
Microsoft.com Customer Service for possible Vista software glitch.

""CharLee. . .girl" wrote:

>
>
>
>

> > When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> > is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> > spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> > problem be?
> >
> >
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#15
Huh?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"breezy-dog" <breezy-dog@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:A0517125-7287-458E-9F19-FA46299EA599@xxxxxx

>I graduated Cayuga Community College May 2007, with a two yr degree Associate
> Applied Science; Retail Business Management, and one thing I remember was the
> english courses that mentioned the Dept. of Education is incorporationg but
> not successfully done so, a new language and newer computer programs like the
> difficulties you describe with yours. So as only a suggestion check with the
> Dept. of Education to verify this possibility or eaiser than that check with
> Microsoft.com Customer Service for possible Vista software glitch.
>
> ""CharLee. . .girl" wrote:
>

>>
>>
>>
>>

>> > When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
>> > is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
>> > spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
>> > problem be?
>> >
>> >
 

My Computer

J

James Sadowski

#16
My Spell check doesn't work either and I have Microsoft Word 2003, 2007???
--
James Sadowski


"David Baran" wrote:

> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,206
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#17
My Spell check doesn't work either and I have Microsoft Word 2003, 2007???
--
James Sadowski


"David Baran" wrote:
> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
Hi James,

Windows Mail does not use the spell checker in MS Word. It has it's own spell checker instead. This will show you how to fix the Spell Check language error in Windows Mail.

Windows Mail Spell Check

Hope this helps you,
Shawn
 

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
M

mauibill

#18
"David Baran" wrote:

> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
 

My Computer

G

Guest

#19
"mauibill" <mauibill@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:AA6545A5-8D66-4C51-9F87-AA9B96FE5720@xxxxxx

>
>
> "David Baran" wrote:
>

>> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This
>> language
>> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
>> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could
>> the
>> problem be?
>>
Windows Mail comes with the default language for spelling checks partly
set to English, but not enough to work. To correct this, click on Tools,
then Options, then Spelling, then the triangle to the right of English, then
some other language, then Apply, then the triangle again, then English,
then Apply again, then OK.
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,206
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#20
"David Baran" wrote:
> When I use spell check, I get the following error message: "This language
> is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the
> spelling options dialog." The selected language is English. What could the
> problem be?
>
>
Hi Mauibill,

This will show you how to fix the Spell Check language error in Windows Mail.


Windows Mail Spell Check


Shawn
 

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)