Star Wars Empire At War: Forces Of Corruption

V

villarz_26

I can't get this game to run. I don't get it. It used to work fine on xp.
I've updated vista, updated the game, updated my display drivers to the vista
drivers and I still get a display driver failure everytime I try to launch
the game. Anybody have any suggestions?

My Computer

S

seanfl33

Hello there. I've got the same problem. I've installed and played the
original Empire at War game, but the Forces of Corruption expansion pack
won't start. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

--
seanfl33
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

My Computer

A

Andy [YaYa]

"compactdisc" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

>
> Same problem here, but with problem confirmations doesn't come the
> answer eh?
> Somebody please help us!
> I've been looking for a solution for 5 months now...
>

No computer spec-y, no help-y. Should start a new post anyways, Usenet doesn't keep threads like Vistaheads.com.

-Andy

My Computer

R_Crosswell

I have a slightly different issue but still can't get the game to work.

Platform is Vista x64 Ultimate, and the usual high spec bits from a gamer. I have been in touch with Lucas arts who didn't support Forces of Corruption, so be careful there. They were nice enough to point me at Activision though. They had this to say:

"Unfortunately we do not support the game on the 64 bit verison of Windows Vista. The game was not tested on Vista itself, let alone the 64 bit version. I would recommend looking online to see if you can find any information on running the game on Vista 64. (http://www.vistax64.com/vista-games/)"

So I signed up here. The issue I am getting is that I installed the game and ran it perfectly, plus the graphics looked superb. I played a few games and then stopped playing whilst some windows updates happened. I rebooted and then the game wouldn't work (Not Surprisingly). I had an Exception error

"Exception in thread A98 - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Attempt to read from address 00000018

Exception occurred at 00996ADE - Unknown code pointer

At this point thinking it was a permissions issue of some odd description I ran the game in compatibility mode and then as administrator (although I am the admin) but this did not work either.

Does anyone know who else to raise this with?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    1.83 Dual Core 2 Duo
    Memory
    Hard Drives
    Raptor 74 GB sATA
    Western Digital 500 GB sATA

sltucker

"Exception in thread A98 - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Attempt to read from address 00000018

Exception occurred at 00996ADE - Unknown code pointer

At this point thinking it was a permissions issue of some odd description I ran the game in compatibility mode and then as administrator (although I am the admin) but this did not work either.

Does anyone know who else to raise this with?

I have exacly the same problem as that, I changed the permissions to the entire game folder to 'full access' but still no luck. If anyone has any help on this, that would be brilliant!

S.Tucker

My Computer

Jekyll and Hyde

Family Man
Power User
There is something that may help some of you, I posted it into the other thread about Forces of Corruption, that said I am not sure if it will help anyone with the display driver error

But have a look at this thread just incase it may help

GameSpot Forums - Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - I can't get the game to start?

I hope it may help some if not all of you, I had the same problem of it not running and by doing as El_PARRo says 5th post down it made mine run perfectly.....so it does run on Vista 64-Bit

Jekyll and Hyde ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Intel Pentium
    CPU
    Core 2 Duo @ 2.40 GHz
    Motherboard
    Abit AW9D
    Memory
    4 Gig DDR 2
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" Belinea
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 1024
    Hard Drives
    500 Gig Barracuda
    PSU
    No idea
    Case
    Cooler Master
    Cooling
    a few fans and a Zalman something or other.......
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Internet Speed
    Broadband at around 750kb's

R_Crosswell

Hi Guys,

I eventually got this to work. However, it does mean that I have to stick with the driver version that came with the graphics card. I performed a fresh install and installed the neccassary drivers for the mother board etc so everything was fresh. Then installed the nvidia drivers from the graphics cd.

I had no issues once FOC was installed and have been playing it since. The only problems I incurr now are that I can't run C&C 3 without another graphics issue but i'm not bothered about that game really. All other games UT3, Quake 4, Ultimate Commander and a few others work perfectly.

I think I will suffer a few updates but I am taking the risk. I shall wait for SP2 for Vista to come out and try it al again....

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    1.83 Dual Core 2 Duo
    Memory
    Hard Drives
    Raptor 74 GB sATA
    Western Digital 500 GB sATA