• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

switching on/off remoting

R
#1
i lately got a new pc
and i figured it out my old laptop got some problem
I can easily connect to my old pc as below

gwmi win32_operatingsystem -computername 192.168.0.XXX

which i can't do on other computer.
is there any way i can switch off this. or at least it will ask for
credential.
 

My Computer

R

RichS [MVP]

#2
is the firewall blocking access?
what OS is the new machine running?
do you have the same account name on both machines?
--
Richard Siddaway
All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty
PowerShell MVP
Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/
PowerShell User Group: http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk


"Ryan" wrote:

> i lately got a new pc
> and i figured it out my old laptop got some problem
> I can easily connect to my old pc as below
>
> gwmi win32_operatingsystem -computername 192.168.0.XXX
>
> which i can't do on other computer.
> is there any way i can switch off this. or at least it will ask for
> credential.
>
 

My Computer

R
#4
firewall does block access and both machines have same a/c name


RichS [MVP] wrote:

> is the firewall blocking access?
> what OS is the new machine running?
> do you have the same account name on both machines?
>
 

My Computer

R

RichS [MVP]

#5
Yo uneed to modify the firewall setting to allow WMI access
--
Richard Siddaway
All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty
PowerShell MVP
Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/
PowerShell User Group: http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk


"Ryan" wrote:

> firewall does block access and both machines have same a/c name
>
>
> RichS [MVP] wrote:

> > is the firewall blocking access?
> > what OS is the new machine running?
> > do you have the same account name on both machines?
> >
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)