• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

sys error

A

Andrew McLaren

#2
"paulb" <paulb@xxxxxx> wrote...

> everytme i start up windows i get an error message: "Can't open AsIO.sys
> !!
> (2)"


ASIO.SYS is installed by an Asus utility - maybe "AI Booster" or "PC Probe"?
Anyway, it's not a Vista- or Microsoft-supplied file.

It looks like that error message is very common, for users with Asus
boards - judging from a quick Google.

Hope it helps a bit,
--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 
P

paulb

#3
What do i do, just live with it and just keep clicking ok? :)

"Andrew McLaren" wrote:

> "paulb" <paulb@xxxxxx> wrote...

> > everytme i start up windows i get an error message: "Can't open AsIO.sys
> > !!
> > (2)"
>
>
>
> ASIO.SYS is installed by an Asus utility - maybe "AI Booster" or "PC Probe"?
> Anyway, it's not a Vista- or Microsoft-supplied file.
>
> It looks like that error message is very common, for users with Asus
> boards - judging from a quick Google.
>
> Hope it helps a bit,
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
>
 
A

Andrew McLaren

#4
"paulb" <paulb@xxxxxx> wrote...

> What do i do, just live with it and just keep clicking ok? :)
Sure, that's one strategy :-)



Well, although you are seeing this problem on a machine running Vista, this
is not a Microsoft-supplied file and it is not part of any Vista component;
and the problem seems to occur frequently on XP machines as well. Since is
is an Asus-supplied file, the 2 main strategies I'm envisage are:

- identify the Asus utility which AsIO.sys belongs to, and uninstall it; or

- look on an Asus support forum, for information on how to correct or remove
the error. Asus forums are at:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&SLanguage=en-us

Hope it helps,

--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 
P

paulb

#5
It looks like a setup.inx file when i type AsIO into the search field in
"computer"

"Andrew McLaren" wrote:

> "paulb" <paulb@xxxxxx> wrote...

> > What do i do, just live with it and just keep clicking ok? :)
>
> Sure, that's one strategy :-)
>
>
>
> Well, although you are seeing this problem on a machine running Vista, this
> is not a Microsoft-supplied file and it is not part of any Vista component;
> and the problem seems to occur frequently on XP machines as well. Since is
> is an Asus-supplied file, the 2 main strategies I'm envisage are:
>
> - identify the Asus utility which AsIO.sys belongs to, and uninstall it; or
>
> - look on an Asus support forum, for information on how to correct or remove
> the error. Asus forums are at:
> http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&SLanguage=en-us
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
>
>