• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Turn on spell checker?

J
#1
How do I turn on spell checker in Windows Mail? When I try to execute a
spell check, I get a message that it's no longer available for this
language. I'm typing the messages in English though.
 

My Computer

#2
"John" <someone@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4DC15859-7D39-43BB-A761-8167A0CBF87A@xxxxxx

> How do I turn on spell checker in Windows Mail? When I try to execute a
> spell check, I get a message that it's no longer available for this
> language. I'm typing the messages in English though.
Go to tools menu>options>spelling tab>in the drop down list of
languages>choose French>apply.

Now in the drop down list of languages>choose English>apply>OK

you should be OK to spell check now.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
 

My Computer

J
#3
That worked like a charm.

John


" mac" <macknever@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23aQtvvvCJHA.3432@xxxxxx

>
> "John" <someone@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:4DC15859-7D39-43BB-A761-8167A0CBF87A@xxxxxx

>> How do I turn on spell checker in Windows Mail? When I try to execute a
>> spell check, I get a message that it's no longer available for this
>> language. I'm typing the messages in English though.
>
> Go to tools menu>options>spelling tab>in the drop down list of
> languages>choose French>apply.
>
> Now in the drop down list of languages>choose English>apply>OK
>
> you should be OK to spell check now.
>
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
>
 

My Computer

T
#5
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

Here's what I did:

Go to the Windows Mail main window toolbar (not the e-mail you are writing).
Click on > Tools > Options > Spelling tab > under 'settings' check >
'Always check spelling before sending' > check or uncheck 4 items under
'always ignore' as you prefer > Under language make sure 'English' is
selected > Click Apply > click > OK .
(if Apply is ghosted select and unselect something to get it to appear -
then do as above). After I did this I could click Spell Check on my e-mail
and it works fine. I hope this helps, and I hope all my spelling is correct
here, as I don't know how to do a spell check on this.

Tony

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

W

wiglud

#6
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

W

wiglud

#7
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,205
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#8

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
G

Gary VanderMolen

#9
Re: How do I turn on spell checker?

Did you have a question, wiglud?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)


"wiglud" <wiglud@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:944F6C41-025A-4060-BC31-70DCEC183644@xxxxxx

>
>
> "John" wrote:
>

>> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
>> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
 

My Computer

T

Terry

#10
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

I to are having same problem

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,205
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#11
Re: How do I turn on spell checker?

Hello Terry,

This to can help show you how to. ;)

Windows Mail Spell Check

Shawn


I to are having same problem

"John" wrote:
> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
R

raybeam

#12
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

S

Sharon

#13
RE: How do I turn on spell checker?

What is the answer to this question?

"John" wrote:

> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
 

My Computer

D
#14
Re: How do I turn on spell checker?

Tools - Options - Spelling tab
[x] Always check spelling before sending

Language---------
select one of the other 3, click on Apply.
then re-select English, click on Apply
OK


--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
http://download.live.com/wlmail


"Sharon" <Sharon@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:16D0EC31-1E15-498C-80C6-FC0972E4E3B3@xxxxxx

> What is the answer to this question?
>
> "John" wrote:
>

>> When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This
>> language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
 

My Computer

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Messages
32,205
Location
Oklahoma, USA
#15

My Computers

System One System Two

  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus X Code Z370
    Memory
    16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
    256GB OCZ Vector,
    6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Corsair Air 740
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Internet Speed
    300 Mb/s Download and 30 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Creative F200 webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    Linksys EA9500 router,
    Arris SB6190 cable modem,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL,
    Lumia 1520 phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)