• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to find type [Drawing.Image]: make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded

O

Oisin Grehan

#2
On Aug 16, 1:11 am, "IT Staff" <jkk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> what must i always do to avoid this common error :
>
> make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded ?


PS> [void][reflection.assembly]::loadwithpartialname("system.drawing")

- Oisin
 

My Computer

R

RichS

#3
Re: Unable to find type [Drawing.Image]: make sure that the assemb

You can also use the Resolve-assembly cmdlet from the PowerShell community
extensions
--
Richard Siddaway
Please note that all scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty
Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/
PowerShell User Group: http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk


"Oisin Grehan" wrote:

> On Aug 16, 1:11 am, "IT Staff" <jkk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > what must i always do to avoid this common error :
> >
> > make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded ?

>
> PS> [void][reflection.assembly]::loadwithpartialname("system.drawing")
>
> - Oisin
>
>
 

My Computer

O

Oisin Grehan

#4
Re: Unable to find type [Drawing.Image]: make sure that the assemb

On Aug 16, 8:44 pm, RichS <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You can also use the Resolve-assembly cmdlet from the PowerShell community
> extensions
> --
> Richard Siddaway
> Please note that all scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty
> Blog:http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/
> PowerShell User Group:http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk
>
>
>
> "Oisin Grehan" wrote:
> > On Aug 16, 1:11 am, "IT Staff" <jkk...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > what must i always do to avoid this common error :

>
> > > make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded ?

>
> > PS> [void][reflection.assembly]::loadwithpartialname("system.drawing")

>
> > - Oisin- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Which I wrote, ironically. :-)

- Oisin
 

My Computer

O

Oisin Grehan

#5
Re: Unable to find type [Drawing.Image]: make sure that the assemb

On Aug 16, 8:44 pm, RichS <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You can also use the Resolve-assembly cmdlet from the PowerShell community
> extensions
> --
> Richard Siddaway
> Please note that all scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty
> Blog:http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/
> PowerShell User Group:http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk


and alternatively, using pscx, there is a GAC: drive. Calling invoke-
item against any of the paths -- wildcards also work -- will load the
assembly(ies). This is handy for batch loading of related assemblies.
e.g.

PS > ii gac:system.workflow*

GAC Version Location
--- ------- --------
True v2.0.50727 C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL
\System.Workflow.ComponentModel\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.W...
True v2.0.50727 C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL
\System.Workflow.Activities\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Workf...
True v2.0.50727 C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL
\System.Workflow.Runtime\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Workflow...
True v2.0.50727 C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL
\System.WorkflowServices\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Workflow...

("ii" is an alias for invoke-item).

- Oisin
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)