• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

saholee

New Member
Messages
2
#1
I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
And I got
"Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)".
It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
Failure!!!
Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties dialog window for
other printers even working well currently.
Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
Please..... help and give me some advices.
Thanks.

One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this box.
 
Last edited:

My Computer

T

Ten Pin Bowling

#2
"saholee" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:7093611042e0cc816e5ec9394151455e@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
> I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard
> TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
> So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
> And I got
> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x000003eb)".
> It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
> Failure!!!
> Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties
> dialog window for
> other printers even working well currently.
> Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
> I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
> Please..... help and give me some advices.
> Thanks.
>
>
> --
> saholee
>
dump the HP and get an Epson.
 

My Computer

A

Alan Morris [MSFT]

#3
E:\>winerror 0x000003eb
1003 ERROR_CAN_NOT_COMPLETE <--> No NTSTATUS matched



verify the print spooler service is started.


Are you using a driver that ships with the OS. If not see if using an inbox
driver at least can get the printer created.


Also on the Standard Port, if the IP address on the printer has changed and
you are printing to the IP rather than the hostname of the device, you will
need to create a new port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Ten Pin Bowling" <Pin1@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:F_ydnayZDq8n1wPUnZ2dnUVZ8sTinZ2d@xxxxxx

>
> "saholee" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:7093611042e0cc816e5ec9394151455e@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>>
>> I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
>> I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard
>> TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
>> So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
>> And I got
>> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
>> 0x000003eb)".
>> It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
>> Failure!!!
>> Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties
>> dialog window for
>> other printers even working well currently.
>> Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
>> I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
>> Please..... help and give me some advices.
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>> --
>> saholee
>>
>
> dump the HP and get an Epson.
>
 

My Computer

saholee

New Member
Messages
2
#4
Dear Alan,

the printer spooler service is started. I checked already.
even restarting the service did not solve any problem I have.
and for the drivers, I tried all drivers I could get (including ones with OS, downloaded drivers from HP web sites, universal PS drivers....).
I am still stuck.
I could not open the printer properties box yet.
One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this box.
Thank you anyway for your advice.

By the way, is there any way possibly to solve my problems by editing registry for printer?
 
Last edited:

My Computer

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

#5
Make sure you are logged on as the Administrator.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"saholee" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:0e4333e1a919fc023172d4ef51cc5248@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Dear Alan,
>
> the printer spooler service is started. I checked already.
> even restarting the service did not solve any problem I have.
> and for the drivers, I tried all drivers I could get (including ones
> with OS, downloaded drivers from HP web sites, universal PS
> drivers....).
> I am still stuck.
> I could not open the printer properties box yet.
> One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the
> print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this
> box.
> Thank you anyway for your advice.
>
>
> --
> saholee
 

My Computer

A

Alan Morris [MSFT]

#6
the printer property dialog by default gets opened without admin rights.
Right click on printer Run as administrator to open the property pages with
admin credentials

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5BEB7998-493E-4DB0-AE38-536507C2F36F@xxxxxx

> Make sure you are logged on as the Administrator.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "saholee" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:0e4333e1a919fc023172d4ef51cc5248@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>>
>> Dear Alan,
>>
>> the printer spooler service is started. I checked already.
>> even restarting the service did not solve any problem I have.
>> and for the drivers, I tried all drivers I could get (including ones
>> with OS, downloaded drivers from HP web sites, universal PS
>> drivers....).
>> I am still stuck.
>> I could not open the printer properties box yet.
>> One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the
>> print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this
>> box.
>> Thank you anyway for your advice.
>>
>>
>> --
>> saholee
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)