• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

unable to send emails

#1
Hi All,
I live in Poland & my laptop crashed a couple of days ago & all was sorted out untill i tried to send emails[i can receive emails] however if i try to send them via Windows Mail i get this error message.....


Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2


An unknown error has occurred. Subject '[pl', Account: 'imap.gmail.com (1)', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

I can send & receive emails via Gmail on their site,but i prefer to use Windows Mail.

Do i need to correct the SMTP which says 465 & the IMAP 993,if so how do i do this,i am not a computer wizz so will need step by step help........Thanks,
Kaz.
 
#2
"kazigw" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:7ab38289a38278a6874aaf7209a250d6@newsgroup-gateway.com...

>
> Hi All,
> I live in Poland & my laptop crashed a couple of days ago & all was
> sorted out untill i tried to send emails[i can receive emails] however
> if i try to send them via Windows Mail i get this error message.....
>
>
> Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not
> select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your
> folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account:
> 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server
> Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL):
> Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2
>
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject '[pl', Account: 'imap.gmail.com
> (1)', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
>
> I can send & receive emails via Gmail on their site,but i prefer to use
> Windows Mail.
>
> Do i need to correct the SMTP which says 465 & the IMAP 993,if so how do
> i do this,i am not a computer wizz so will need step by step
> help........Thanks,
> Kaz.
Actually your error message indicates that you are using Port 25 without SSL
selected.
See:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77696

Go to the tools menu>accounts>select your account>properties>advanced tab'
Apply>OK any changes

Get back if you need more help?


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx
 
#3
Hi Steve,
It now states just this message.... Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2
I followed all the instructions but don't understand why it still hasn't worked?
Thanks,
Kaz.
 
#4
Hi Steve,
It now states just this message.... Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2
I followed all the instructions but don't understand why it still hasn't worked?
Thanks,
Kaz.
Steve,
Been checking it again & it does seem to be working ok,however on Windows Mail it shows the local Folders,Inbox,sent etc etc,then underneath it also shows imap.gmail.com Inbox,sent etc etc,can i remove these & just use Windows Local Folders as when the emails come in i get the emails in to Windows Mail & also into imap.gmail.com.
Thanks,
Kaz.
 
#5
"kazigw" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:617c19510048229289624bbeef3cdb5f@newsgroup-gateway.com...

> Steve,
> Been checking it again & it does seem to be working ok,however on
> Windows Mail it shows the local Folders,Inbox,sent etc etc,then
> underneath it also shows imap.gmail.com Inbox,sent etc etc,can i remove
> these & just use Windows Local Folders as when the emails come in i get
> the emails in to Windows Mail & also into imap.gmail.com.
> Thanks,
> Kaz.
That is normal for an IMAP account.

To have it the way that you describe you need to remove the IMAP account and
set it up as a POP3 type account.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

Watch out for losing messages, not sure how much you have on the server or
of your settings on the gmail website?
When you delete the IMAP account the folders and messages will go with it.

Just in case I would create a New folder and copy all your inbox messages to
that first for safe keeping.

Get back if you have any problems/questions.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx
 
#6
"kazigw" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:617c19510048229289624bbeef3cdb5f@newsgroup-gateway.com...

> Steve,
> Been checking it again & it does seem to be working ok,however on
> Windows Mail it shows the local Folders,Inbox,sent etc etc,then
> underneath it also shows imap.gmail.com Inbox,sent etc etc,can i remove
> these & just use Windows Local Folders as when the emails come in i get
> the emails in to Windows Mail & also into imap.gmail.com.
> Thanks,
> Kaz.
Another option would be to keep your IMAP account and set up a message rule
to send a copy of each incoming mail to the WM inbox.
Tools Menu>message rules>mail.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx
 
#7
"kazigw" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:617c19510048229289624bbeef3cdb5f@newsgroup-gateway.com...
> Steve,
> Been checking it again & it does seem to be working ok,however on
> Windows Mail it shows the local Folders,Inbox,sent etc etc,then
> underneath it also shows imap.gmail.com Inbox,sent etc etc,can i remove
> these & just use Windows Local Folders as when the emails come in i get
> the emails in to Windows Mail & also into imap.gmail.com.
> Thanks,
> Kaz.
Another option would be to keep your IMAP account and set up a message rule
to send a copy of each incoming mail to the WM inbox.
Tools Menu>message rules>mail.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
Get Safe Online :: Home
Keeping children safe - Microsoft Citizenship - Microsoft UK

Hi Steve,
Thanks for all your help,it is working correctly,took me a while but as the advice you gave me showed pictures & easy peasy instructions to follow i was able to do this without pulling my hair out in big clumps...:D
Thanks so much!!!!!!
Kaz:D:D:D [one happy bunny!!!]
 
#8
"kazigw" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
news:9dcc2863bc486e19c2fee45b71295fa2@newsgroup-gateway.com...

> Hi Steve,
> Thanks for all your help,it is working correctly,took me a while but as
> the advice you gave me showed pictures & easy peasy instructions to
> follow i was able to do this without pulling my hair out in big
> clumps...:D
> Thanks so much!!!!!!
> Kaz:D:D:D [one happy bunny!!!]
Pleased to hear that you are OK now Kas, thanks for the feedback.


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx