• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista Activation

K

Keith Boogabooga

#1
Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
online. What do I do?
 

My Computer

C

Conor

#2
In article <388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com>,
says...
> Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> online. What do I do?
>

Phone Microsoft and activate over the phone.

--
Conor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.........
 

My Computer

#3
It's strange. I had to reactivate over the phone each and every time I changed a piece of hardware. And every time I was connected to a Indian guy then, even though I went through the process with entering all the numbers.
 

My Computer

S

Shadow133

#4
I had the same problem too. But the weird thing is that I haven't installed
any new hardware. My computer was on and I received a notification that I had
to activate windows vista again. I tried the online activation and it said my
activation key was already in use. By phone the automatic activation said the
same thing. It is very strange as I did no updates (software or hardware)
since yesterday and I only installed Windows Vista two (02) times, so online
activation should work. I think that the security protocols implemented by
Windows are abusing, always requiring phone activation, while hackers can
easily crack windows. I bought Windows to have Microsoft support and the
ability of updating without the need of cracks. I am beginning to think it
was not worth as I only got 90 days support and the activation process is
pointless.
 

My Computer

J

John Barnett MVP

#5
Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
(free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
talk you through the procedure.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows - Shell/User

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..

"Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
> Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> online. What do I do?
 

My Computer

S

Shadow133

#6
Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or why
expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
Obvious answer is no!
In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches with
the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then Microsoft
monopoly and abuses shall end.


"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
> start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
> the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
> (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
> time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
> machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
> talk you through the procedure.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>
> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> mail/post..
>
> "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@microsoft.com...
> > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> > online. What do I do?

>
>
 

My Computer

J

Joe Guidera

#7
When you enter the numbers over the phone it's just validating that the code
you are using is actually a valid code and checking to see if it's already
been used. If the code has been used already you will always have to speak
with a live human being in order to activate.
Joe

"schombi" <schombi.2p8l6l@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:schombi.2p8l6l@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> It's strange. I had to reactivate over the phone each and every time I
> changed a piece of hardware. And every time I was connected to a Indian
> guy then, even though I went through the process with entering all the
> numbers.
>
>
> --
> schombi
 

My Computer

#8
I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve changed
NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking legal
help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t think
so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change, when
all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell me
what i`ve changed.

"Shadow133" wrote:

>
> Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
> system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or why
> expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
> Obvious answer is no!
> In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
> have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches with
> the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
> only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then Microsoft
> monopoly and abuses shall end.
>
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>

> > Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
> > start with so you will need to go through the activation process while on
> > the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll free
> > (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of your
> > time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
> > machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you and
> > talk you through the procedure.
> >
> > --
> > John Barnett MVP
> > Associate Expert
> > Windows - Shell/User
> >
> > Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> > Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> >
> > The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> > kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> > reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> > any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> > use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> > mail/post..
> >
> > "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@xxxxxx> wrote in
> > message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@xxxxxx

> > > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced the
> > > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive and
> > > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key was
> > > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to activate
> > > online. What do I do?
> >
> >
 

My Computer

J

Jason B. Jones

#9
Look at this article:
WARNING: device driver updates causing Vista to deactivate
http://apcmag.com/vista_activation

"ted" <ted@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:A903BFAE-7D4F-43A1-940D-04683BDF9A4D@xxxxxx

> I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
> hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve
> changed
> NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking
> legal
> help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t
> think
> so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change,
> when
> all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell me
> what i`ve changed.
>
> "Shadow133" wrote:
>

>>
>> Yes, I have done that already. I was just pointing that the activation
>> system is pointless. Why ask more than 1 time for the activation key or
>> why
>> expire the online key after 2 installations? Will that prevent piracy?
>> Obvious answer is no!
>> In my (consumer) opinion I regret expending $ in my Vista Ultimate as I
>> have practically no warranty (90 days support only) and have headaches
>> with
>> the activation system that cracked versions may not have. But things will
>> only change when someone creates a better and compatible OS, then
>> Microsoft
>> monopoly and abuses shall end.
>>
>>
>> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>>

>> > Telephone the Microsoft Activation Line. This is an automated system to
>> > start with so you will need to go through the activation process while
>> > on
>> > the telephone (make sure you are in front of your pc). It is a toll
>> > free
>> > (free phone) number so it is costing you anything, with he exception of
>> > your
>> > time (10 to 15 minutes). If the automated service cannot activate your
>> > machine you will be transferred to a 'real' person who can advise you
>> > and
>> > talk you through the procedure.
>> >
>> > --
>> > John Barnett MVP
>> > Associate Expert
>> > Windows - Shell/User
>> >
>> > Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> > Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>> >
>> > The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of
>> > any
>> > kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
>> > reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be
>> > liable for
>> > any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
>> > of the
>> > use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
>> > mail/post..
>> >
>> > "Keith Boogabooga" <Keith Boogabooga@xxxxxx> wrote
>> > in
>> > message news:388A2B38-8C9F-41D4-820F-35CB0B42B37B@xxxxxx
>> > > Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed that had Vista on it. I replaced
>> > > the
>> > > hard drive and everything was fine. Vista installed on the new drive
>> > > and
>> > > activated. This morning an error message came om saying that the key
>> > > was
>> > > already in use and to activate Vista. It will not allow me to
>> > > activate
>> > > online. What do I do?
>> >
>> >
 

My Computer

#10
I recently updated the NForce 4 drivers from Nvidia. All of a sudden I have to activate again within a week, talking to "Raja" over the phone like I am some pirate! Activation in vista is a disgrace!!!!! I paid for the software and obtained a legal copy.

Perhaps if Billy made windows the same price as the MAC os (that clearly kills vista for stability and usability) then there would be less pirates.

Bill, how much money do you need my friend?

I have the same problem. I have been told by Windows "that because of a
hardware change i must activate Windows". WHAT hardware change? I`ve changed
NOTHING! If Windows CANNOT tell me what the change is, then i`m seeking legal
help. Microsoft lies from the instant of installation. "FUN", i don`t think
so. "EASIER", i don`t think so. Telling me i`ve made a hardware change, when
all i`ve done is turn the bloody computer on!! Come on Microsoft, tell me
what i`ve changed.

"Shadow133" wrote:
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)