• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista Movie Maker Icon

Hello I am wondering if anyone still running Vista can give me the Windows Movie Maker icon file. I have a Vista Icon pack but it doesn't have that particular one.

I also need the Windows DVD Maker icon too.

Both of them look like this:

Windows_DVD_Maker_Vista_Icon.png
windows-movie-maker_71939.png
I need this in their ico file from vista. I COULD convert these into ICO files but it wouldn't retain the mini versions. By that I mean when an Icon gets SO small it has a 16 Pixel variation that is more than just shrinking it to that size.
Please and thank you.

Last edited:

My Computer

townsbg

~~тσωηsвg~~
Vista Guru
Gold Member
My copy doesn't have the icon in a separate ico file but the icon is built into the application. Have you tried googling it? Surely someone has created one.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Mid 2010 iMac
    CPU
    3.2 Ghz I3
    Memory
    8 gb

wither 3

Vista Guru
Gold Member
In your DVD Maker icons, the second one is shared with Windows Live Movie Maker. Do you have that installed? I think that was installed with SP2.

My Computer

endeavor

Power User
Hello I am wondering if anyone still running Vista can give me the Windows Movie Maker icon file. I have a Vista Icon pack but it doesn't have that particular one.
I also need the Windows DVD Maker icon too.

Please and thank you.

I would be most happy to share those original .ico files with you.

Attached at the bottom of this post are the .ico files you want, I zipped them.

Actually here's a screenshot as I looked at the icons you wanted, and then extracted them out of the exe's for you; which of course there are many programs that can do it, some very fancy, but since I already had it installed (on all my OS's) and so used this simple free IconViewer program to do it.

DVDMaker.jpg . . . . MovieMaker.jpg

Attachments

My Computer

wither 3

Vista Guru
Gold Member
Nice work! I would have never thought of looking there.

However, I'm wondering if his Vista is up to date . As I mentioned, I think Microsoft forced the Windows Live......... software down our throats at some time. That doesn't mean I have any problems with the "Live" software. I'm using Vista Home Premium.

My Computer

endeavor

Power User
Thanks wither,

That program I mentioned just adds a simple "icons" tab to the properties box when you right click on an exe, dll, etc, which as you can see that tab in the screenshot I took of mine, and from that tab you can see all the icons it has within that file, and you can extract what you want, etc.

MS did not force "Live" on me, Vista Ultimate, and I'm fully up to date with WU ..iirc, when Essentials came out I did not want it and never took it; besides I prefer the original Windows Mail anyway and did not want to use Live - so I never installed it. Now they don't offer it at WU; I would not take it anyway, but ymmv.

My Computer

I would be most happy to share those original .ico files with you.

Attached at the bottom of this post are the .ico files you want, I zipped them.

Actually here's a screenshot as I looked at the icons you wanted, and then extracted them out of the exe's for you; which of course there are many programs that can do it, some very fancy, but since I already had it installed (on all my OS's) and so used this simple free IconViewer program to do it.

View attachment 29536 . . . . View attachment 29537
I honestly had no idea there were this many replies I apologize for not seeing it sooner. I also appreciate your efforts but I got tired of waiting and just VirtualBoxed Vista and stole as many resources as I could lol. Including the EXE files associated with these icons. Thank you for actually uploading them for me though :)

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)