• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista Service Pack 2

P
#1
I have downloaded and installed portions of Service Pack 2 for Vista, which
brought me to Build6002. Does anyone have info as to when one can expect the
final of this one.

Piet
 
J

Jasper

#3
"dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:f88652435694edc487754809c24664e1@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> It should be in May. I have installed the sp2 today. the differences it
> gives are worth upgrading it.
>
>
> --
> dinesh
Have not looked at it yet. What are the benefits / improvements of SP2 ?
 

dinesh

Vista Expert
Vista Guru
#4
"dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:f88652435694edc487754809c24664e1@xxxxxx-gateway.com...
>
> It should be in May. I have installed the sp2 today. the differences it
> gives are worth upgrading it.
>
>
> --
> dinesh
Have not looked at it yet. What are the benefits / improvements of SP2 ?
CLick here to see the details of this new release : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CC-362A-4B4D-B62B-22780E839A7E&displaylang=en
 
W

webster72n

#5
"dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:df02a5f7929fe7eb4d3314e9ce7cff3e@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Jasper;1018340 Wrote:

>> "dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:f88652435694edc487754809c24664e1@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > >
>> > > It should be in May. I have installed the sp2 today. the differences
>> > it
>> > > gives are worth upgrading it.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > dinesh > >
>>
>> Have not looked at it yet. What are the benefits / improvements of
>> SP2 ?
> CLick here to see the details of this new release :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CC-362A-4B4D-B62B-22780E839A7E&displaylang=en
That download consists of up to 388 MB's and with dial-up will take close to
15 hours to complete. It also still is an RC version.
Wouldn't it be better to wait for the official update?
I should think so,

Harry.

>
>
> --
> dinesh
>
> Hope that works !!!
> Dinesh.;)
 

dinesh

Vista Expert
Vista Guru
#6
That download consists of up to 388 MB's and with dial-up will take close to
15 hours to complete. It also still is an RC version.
Wouldn't it be better to wait for the official update?
I should think so,

Harry.
It took 4 days for me to download it on a speed of 10 KBPS. LOL.
 
J

John Barnett MVP

#7
Whatever date is bandied around on the web will probably be the wrong one.
Microsoft have already changed the release schedule once so they can easily
do it again. All that can be said with confidence is 'it will be released
when it is ready.'

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org


The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..


"Piet" <pietfo@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:eK$5TEDvJHA.5244@xxxxxx

> I have downloaded and installed portions of Service Pack 2 for Vista,
> which brought me to Build6002. Does anyone have info as to when one can
> expect the final of this one.
>
> Piet
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> signature database 4004 (20090413) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4004 (20090413) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 
N

Noel Paton

#10
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:05:36 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
<freelance@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Whatever date is bandied around on the web will probably be the wrong one.
>Microsoft have already changed the release schedule once so they can easily
>do it again. All that can be said with confidence is 'it will be released
>when it is ready.'
Hmmm - wasn't that what they said about Vista?
--
Noel Paton
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
 
J

Jim Moriarty

#11
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:05:36 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
<freelance@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Whatever date is bandied around on the web will probably be the wrong one.
>Microsoft have already changed the release schedule once so they can easily
>do it again. All that can be said with confidence is 'it will be released
>when it is ready.'
Is there any point in installing the RC? I can't think of one.

I will probably have to be uninstalled when the official one is
released, right?
 
D

Delboy

#12
Which tells one b****r all.

"dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:df02a5f7929fe7eb4d3314e9ce7cff3e@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Jasper;1018340 Wrote:

>> "dinesh" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:f88652435694edc487754809c24664e1@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > >
>> > > It should be in May. I have installed the sp2 today. the differences
>> > it
>> > > gives are worth upgrading it.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > dinesh > >
>>
>> Have not looked at it yet. What are the benefits / improvements of
>> SP2 ?
> CLick here to see the details of this new release :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CC-362A-4B4D-B62B-22780E839A7E&displaylang=en
>
>
> --
> dinesh
>
> Hope that works !!!
> Dinesh.;)
 
J

John Barnett MVP

#13
Noel, In the end only Microsoft know when they will release the service
pack. I could give you half a dozen dates but all that that would be is
speculation on my part. No one but Microsoft really knows so we all may as
well sit back and wait instead of speculating when the release will occur.
While we are on RC right now the next stage is RTM, but RTM doesn't mean a
public release it only means that the service pack has been released to
manufacturer. The date everyone will be interested in is RTW (release to
web).

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://www.winuser.co.uk
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org


The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
mail/post..


"Noel Paton" <noeldp/spamless/@crashfixpc.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bt97u410kg9m94cfrgmu2g6kj75jfpvubk@xxxxxx

> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:05:36 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
> <freelance@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Whatever date is bandied around on the web will probably be the wrong one.
>>Microsoft have already changed the release schedule once so they can
>>easily
>>do it again. All that can be said with confidence is 'it will be released
>>when it is ready.'
>
> Hmmm - wasn't that what they said about Vista?
> --
> Noel Paton
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> signature database 4006 (20090414) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4006 (20090414) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 
N

Noel Paton

#14
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:17:55 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
<freelance@xxxxxx> wrote:

>Noel, In the end only Microsoft know when they will release the service
>pack. I could give you half a dozen dates but all that that would be is
>speculation on my part. No one but Microsoft really knows so we all may as
>well sit back and wait instead of speculating when the release will occur.
>While we are on RC right now the next stage is RTM, but RTM doesn't mean a
>public release it only means that the service pack has been released to
>manufacturer. The date everyone will be interested in is RTW (release to
>web).
John
You're obviously not an old hand at MS releases..... RC stage used to
last up to 6 months, with significant changes along the way. Nowadays,
it seems that RC1 is all but the final build. (which is OK - but they
seem to be forcing the pace at the pre-RC stages as well). ME suffered
from the same short-sightedness, as did Vista.... and look what their
reputation is like now.
98, and XP did not suffer the same fate - and their lights are
(apparently) undimmed over a long period.
MS have never set a definite release date until RTM is declared - but
that date is now something that is determined by marketing rather than
by technical readiness.
--
Noel Paton
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
 
S

saamhir

#15
"guys the page
ttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DCA54ECC-362A-4B4D-B62B-22780E839A7E&displaylang=en
says the page you requested cannot be found .so im pretty sure the sp2 is
gonna realese very soon . they are planning on updating very soon as they
have removed the rc client from their website .check for yourself.