• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vista Slideshow Gadget

K

kevinonearth

#1
While helping a friend to set up a new laptop with Vista Home premium, I
accidently
uninstalled the sidebar slideshow gadget. Is there a way to re-install the
original slideshow gadget that came with the OS?
 

My Computer

M

mikeyhsd

#2
go to the get more gadgets site and download it again.



mikeyhsd@comcast.net



"kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29A867B-EA06-4C18-8FDC-B79C209066B5@microsoft.com...
While helping a friend to set up a new laptop with Vista Home premium, I
accidently
uninstalled the sidebar slideshow gadget. Is there a way to re-install the
original slideshow gadget that came with the OS?
 

My Computer

K

kevinonearth

#3
I wasn't sure if that exact gadget that came with the OS is the one at the
gadget website. Do you know it is?

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> go to the get more gadgets site and download it again.
>
>
>
> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>
>
>
> "kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29A867B-EA06-4C18-8FDC-B79C209066B5@microsoft.com...
> While helping a friend to set up a new laptop with Vista Home premium, I
> accidently
> uninstalled the sidebar slideshow gadget. Is there a way to re-install the
> original slideshow gadget that came with the OS?
 

My Computer

A

Andrew McLaren

#4
"kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
>I wasn't sure if that exact gadget that came with the OS is the one at the
> gadget website. Do you know it is?


If you right-click on the sidebar and choose "Add Gadget", you will be shown
a window of gadgets. The slideshow gadget shown here is the original,
Windows-supplied gadget. Double-click to restore it to the Sidebar.

If you follow the link to the "Get more gadgets online", you'll go to the
website where you find many 3rd party gadgets for Sidebar.

Hope it helps,
--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 

My Computer

K

kevinonearth

#5
I understand what you are saying but I "uninstalled' the gadget I didn't just
remove it from the sidebar. Can I recover the original Slideshow gadget
somehow after I uninstalled it?

"Andrew McLaren" wrote:

> "kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
> >I wasn't sure if that exact gadget that came with the OS is the one at the
> > gadget website. Do you know it is?

>
> If you right-click on the sidebar and choose "Add Gadget", you will be shown
> a window of gadgets. The slideshow gadget shown here is the original,
> Windows-supplied gadget. Double-click to restore it to the Sidebar.
>
> If you follow the link to the "Get more gadgets online", you'll go to the
> website where you find many 3rd party gadgets for Sidebar.
>
> Hope it helps,
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
>
 

My Computer

C

Cal Bear '66

#6
When you right click on the Sidebar and select Properties, there is an option
button to restore Gadgets originally installed with Windows.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AD9FC665-D4D4-42FC-930A-E71B374FFFC6@microsoft.com...
>I understand what you are saying but I "uninstalled' the gadget I didn't just
> remove it from the sidebar. Can I recover the original Slideshow gadget
> somehow after I uninstalled it?
>
> "Andrew McLaren" wrote:
>
>> "kevinonearth" <kevinonearth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...
>> >I wasn't sure if that exact gadget that came with the OS is the one at the
>> > gadget website. Do you know it is?

>>
>> If you right-click on the sidebar and choose "Add Gadget", you will be shown
>> a window of gadgets. The slideshow gadget shown here is the original,
>> Windows-supplied gadget. Double-click to restore it to the Sidebar.
>>
>> If you follow the link to the "Get more gadgets online", you'll go to the
>> website where you find many 3rd party gadgets for Sidebar.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>> --
>> Andrew McLaren
>> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>>
>>
 

My Computer

A

Andrew McLaren

#7
"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote ...
> When you right click on the Sidebar and select Properties, there is an
> option button to restore Gadgets originally installed with Windows.


I agree with Cal Bear (as usual, he is spot-on) - this would be your best
shot.

Right-click Sidebar, Properties, look for the Maintenance field. Press the
"Restore Gadgets installed with Windows" button.

--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 

My Computer

C

Cal Bear '66

#8
Ah, shucks... now I'm blushing.

Just dumb luck really. I've learned that right clicking almost anywhere and on
almost anything in Windows, selecting Properties, and exploring all the tabs can
lead you to some very interesting and useful things.

Thank you for the very generous compliment.

And, here in NYC, I thought all Ozies were like Kath and Kim!


--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Andrew McLaren" <andrew@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message
news:702C3D5E-6CED-4593-8DDB-EC722A5DED38@microsoft.com...
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote ...
>> When you right click on the Sidebar and select Properties, there is an option
>> button to restore Gadgets originally installed with Windows.

>
> I agree with Cal Bear (as usual, he is spot-on) - this would be your best
> shot.
>
> Right-click Sidebar, Properties, look for the Maintenance field. Press the
> "Restore Gadgets installed with Windows" button.
>
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
 

My Computer

A

Andrew McLaren

#9
"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote...
> And, here in NYC, I thought all Ozies were like Kath and Kim!



But ... we are! My family is like a bad episode of Kath & Kim that just
keeps on going, and going ...

Look at moi! Look at moi!

:-)

--
Andrew McLaren
amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
 

My Computer

C

Cal Bear '66

#10
<grin>

P.S. No such thing as a "bad episode" of Kath and Kim -- a very funny and truly
unique show -- Thank You, Oz!

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Andrew McLaren" <andrew@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message
news:B7F9E351-596C-4977-A63F-61DD1383BA15@microsoft.com...
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote...
>> And, here in NYC, I thought all Ozies were like Kath and Kim!

>
>
> But ... we are! My family is like a bad episode of Kath & Kim that just
> keeps on going, and going ...
>
> Look at moi! Look at moi!
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Andrew McLaren
> amclar (at) optusnet dot com dot au
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)