vista unresponsive at startup - lanmanserver

D

drew

After I login to Vista, it is unresponsive for 5-10 minutes. Throughout
this time the service "lanmanserver" is "starting up". Does anyone know how
to make this required service start more quickly?

I may be on the wrong path all-together. Are there other reasons for the
system to hang for serveral minutes after login? The only program I seem to
be able to run is firefox. IE, MSN messenger, etc., don't run for several
minutes until all the services have started. Thanks!

-Drew

My Computer

?

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEQ=?=

"drew" wrote:

> After I login to Vista, it is unresponsive for 5-10 minutes. Throughout
> this time the service "lanmanserver" is "starting up". Does anyone know how
> to make this required service start more quickly?

I don't have this issue.

My Computer

DEANREILY

I am experiencing the same problem for the past few days. Only my system hangs for about 15 minutes. The Task Manager says that LanManServer is starting. Also the LAN/Internet Icon on the tool bar has a red X. I can get onto the Internet with Internet Explorer and some other applications that needs access to the Internet but Windows Mail only pops up a blue rectangle in the middle of the screen. The red X disappears from the LAN/Internet connection icon in the tool bar and is replaced by the blue dot and the lanmanserver status in the Task Manager goes from starting up to run. After that all applications that need access to the Internet are functional.

Do you have VoIP on your system and/or are you using a Linksys router? LanManServer may be a Linksys application or a Microsoft application used by Linksys. I am investigating that possibility. Have you downloaded any Vista updates recently?

After I login to Vista, it is unresponsive for 5-10 minutes. Throughout
this time the service "lanmanserver" is "starting up". Does anyone know how
to make this required service start more quickly?

I may be on the wrong path all-together. Are there other reasons for the
system to hang for serveral minutes after login? The only program I seem to
be able to run is firefox. IE, MSN messenger, etc., don't run for several
minutes until all the services have started. Thanks!

-Drew

My Computer

sprakties

Drew, I have the same problem. I think I have it narrowed down to my external harddrives (WD 1 Terabyte). Once I unplug them, my computer boots right up. When they are plugged in, takes a few minutes to boot and I get the lanman server hang message. Sparky

My Computer

DEANREILY

I recently fixed my 20 minute delay on start up where LanmaServer hung in starting mode by making some dependency changes in the Registry. Services starting up out of proper order I believe is the cause of this problem. In the MS Knowledge Base earlier operating systems users reported that LanmanServer hangs occurred with print spooler starting up out of sequence. I reported my specific fix in another string at this site. In my case the problem was related to a WorkStation service.

My Computer