vista update and wont restart. help.

loafer80

hi,
i have had this problem for quite awhile now, but didnt really bother me until recently. i think it began with update (kb955020) back in july 2008, when i tried to install the update..the installation will go thru...restart to finish updating system.. then window will NOT start properly and system automatically tries to resolve problem, but always just go back to earlier restore points. the system would only try to do that once or twice a month going thru the same problem.
now, recently...every time i turn off the computer and on again..the system will try to install the update and runnings into the routine.. and i would have to wait 15mins for the system to clear back to restore points.. then the next time i turn on the computer same cycle goes thru again.. please help me to resolve this issue.. any help is greatly appreicated.. thanks.

updates in system to be installed:

Update for Windows Vista (KB955020)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950582)
Update for Windows Vista (KB952287)
Update for Windows Vista (KB951072)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB953733)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows Mail for Windows Vista (KB951066)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista (KB953838)
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB953839)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - September 2008 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB938464)

i've tried to get the system to never check or install updates, but it would change itself back to install updates automatically or when i restart window.. now i always have to icon in teh start butter that says..install update then shut down...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    hp dv6000
First boot into safe mode and turn Automatic Updates off. Next go to View Available updates, right hand click on every single one you do not want installed and select Hide update.
Then maybe you can go to remove updates in try to remove one you think it is causing the problem.
Hope this helps

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    MSI P36 NEO2
    Memory
    4GB 5-5-5-12
    Graphics Card(s)
    8800GTS 512Mb Overclocked
    Sound Card
    5.1 surround sound
    Hard Drives
    500Gb Samsung SATAII XP
    500GB Samsung SATAII
    PSU
    1000W CoolerMaster power supply
    Case
    CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 case
    Cooling
    120mm ThermalTake Big Typhoon CPU cooler, 3 x 120mm exhaust
    Keyboard
    Wireless Keyboard and mouse 3000
    Other Info
    1TB WD My Book Office edition external drive x 2, Dual layer LG DVD-Rom burner,
    15 in 1 card reader
    Triple boot: XP, Vista Ultimate 64 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Back