• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what is " reparse records "?

davidjchuang

Power User
I was doing chkdsk and after stage 1 of 5 (file verification) was completed, one of the reports was "105 reparse records processed. " What is that ?

.Joe

1337 spammer
Vista Guru
I was doing chkdsk and after stage 1 of 5 (file verification) was completed, one of the reports was "105 reparse records processed. " What is that ?
Unless you're an advanced user, I'd leave reparsed points (records) alone. There's really no need to interact with them, the OS takes care of this.

For a more technical explanation, click here: Source

davidjchuang

Power User
Unless you're an advanced user, I'd leave reparsed points (records) alone. There's really no need to interact with them, the OS takes care of this.

Holy Cow !!! I had no idea. I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Thank you.

.Joe

1337 spammer
Vista Guru

Holy Cow !!! I had no idea. I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Thank you.
No worries. They are a normal part of the NTFS aspect of file management. No need to do anything with them, the OS pretty much takes care of it. The message about Reparse Points (I would presume) is simply informative. No action needed. Enjoy your Vista!