• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

White screen

H

Hvassi

#1
Hello all. I'm new here, all the way from Iceland so my english is maybe
not so good.

I've had a problem with my computer but it's showing white screen. I
maybe turn it on and a few minutes later it's completely white.
Sometimes it showes first stripes, black and white. I've googled it but
not found much so I went here to ask.
For about 2 months ago I had problem with BSOD but re-installed
Vista and it was OK.

My computer is Packard Bell SB87 (something like that, not sure) and
with Vista Home Premium.

Don't be afraid to ask.

Hope to get answers.

Thanks.


--
Hvassi
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
 

My Computer

Brian the King

Member
Power User
Messages
116
#2
Hello Hvassi. Can you identify what kind of video device your computer has?

If you are unsure how to do this, I would suggest the easiest way to find this information would be navigating to "Display Settings" under the "Personalize" menu.

Somwhere on this window it will say "'your moniter make/model' on 'your video device'"

Let us know what it says.

Know, however, this could be a number of possible issues.
 

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    HP tx2000z
    CPU
    AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-68 Gold Edition
    Motherboard
    Quanta 305E/nVidia nForce 430
    Memory
    4096MB DDR2 PC2-5300 @ 5-5-5-15
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce Go 6150 64MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio/Altec Lansing
    Hard Drives
    250GB 5400RPM SATA
    PSU
    8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    Case
    HP Echo tx2000z
R

Rick Rogers

#3
Hi Hvassi,

Leave the system running after it turns white, power just the monitor off
and wait 20 minutes.

Power it back on and see if it is still white or if the display is normal.
If it's normal and then turns white again after a few minutes, then you have
a bad monitor that is responding to heat.

If it's still white, then the problem is more likely to be in your display
adapter. Updating the driver may help, but it may also be a hardware problem
with the card itself.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Hvassi" <Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

>
> Hello all. I'm new here, all the way from Iceland so my english is maybe
> not so good.
>
> I've had a problem with my computer but it's showing white screen. I
> maybe turn it on and a few minutes later it's completely white.
> Sometimes it showes first stripes, black and white. I've googled it but
> not found much so I went here to ask.
> For about 2 months ago I had problem with BSOD but re-installed
> Vista and it was OK.
>
> My computer is Packard Bell SB87 (something like that, not sure) and
> with Vista Home Premium.
>
> Don't be afraid to ask.
>
> Hope to get answers.
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> --
> Hvassi
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
 

My Computer

H

Hvassi

#4
[image: http://i27.tinypic.com/2h8aeu0.jpg]



Brian the King;823765 Wrote:

> Hello Hvassi. Can you identify what kind of video device your computer
> has?
>
> If you are unsure how to do this, I would suggest the easiest way to
> find this information would be navigating to "Display Settings" under
> the "Personalize" menu.
>
> Somwhere on this window it will say "'your moniter make/model' on 'your
> video device'"
>
> Let us know what it says.
>
> Know, however, this could be a number of possible issues.
>
>
> --
> Brian the King

--
Hvassi
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
 

My Computer

H

Hvassi

#5
I did what you said and now 7 minutes after I turned it on it's normal
so It's the monitor.

Should I take the computer to where I bought it and let them see about
it?

Do you think they would replace it?

Also, one more.

My computer have been sometimes overheating and turning off unexpectly.
Could that be dust and dirt inside it?

Thanks.


Rick Rogers;823796 Wrote:

> Hi Hvassi,
>
> Leave the system running after it turns white, power just the monitor
> off
> and wait 20 minutes.
>
> Power it back on and see if it is still white or if the display is
> normal.
> If it's normal and then turns white again after a few minutes, then you
> have
> a bad monitor that is responding to heat.
>
> If it's still white, then the problem is more likely to be in your
> display
> adapter. Updating the driver may help, but it may also be a hardware
> problem
> with the card itself.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
> Windows help - 'Nutcase's Home' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
> My thoughts 'Life and other stuff' (http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com)
>
> "Hvassi" <Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
> news:Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> >
> > Hello all. I'm new here, all the way from Iceland so my english is
> maybe

> > not so good.
> >
> > I've had a problem with my computer but it's showing white screen. I
> > maybe turn it on and a few minutes later it's completely white.
> > Sometimes it showes first stripes, black and white. I've googled it
> but

> > not found much so I went here to ask.
> > For about 2 months ago I had problem with BSOD but re-installed
> > Vista and it was OK.
> >
> > My computer is Packard Bell SB87 (something like that, not sure) and
> > with Vista Home Premium.
> >
> > Don't be afraid to ask.
> >
> > Hope to get answers.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Hvassi
> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
> >

--
Hvassi
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
 

My Computer

N

Nonny

#6
On Sun, 11 May 2008 22:33:18 +0100, Hvassi
<Hvassi.399ngd@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>I did what you said and now 7 minutes after I turned it on it's normal
>so It's the monitor.
>
>Should I take the computer to where I bought it and let them see about
>it?
Worth a try.

>Do you think they would replace it?
If it's under warranty they might.
 

My Computer

R

Rick Rogers

#7
Hi,

Yes and yes. If the monitor's under warranty it should be replaced as
defective. Otherwise, it's time for a new one.

Heat is the enemy of a computer, make sure vents stay clear and do not put
the tower into a confined space. All fans should be in top operating form at
all times.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Hvassi" <Hvassi.399ngd@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
news:Hvassi.399ngd@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

>
> I did what you said and now 7 minutes after I turned it on it's normal
> so It's the monitor.
>
> Should I take the computer to where I bought it and let them see about
> it?
>
> Do you think they would replace it?
>
> Also, one more.
>
> My computer have been sometimes overheating and turning off unexpectly.
> Could that be dust and dirt inside it?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> Rick Rogers;823796 Wrote:

>> Hi Hvassi,
>>
>> Leave the system running after it turns white, power just the monitor
>> off
>> and wait 20 minutes.
>>
>> Power it back on and see if it is still white or if the display is
>> normal.
>> If it's normal and then turns white again after a few minutes, then you
>> have
>> a bad monitor that is responding to heat.
>>
>> If it's still white, then the problem is more likely to be in your
>> display
>> adapter. Updating the driver may help, but it may also be a hardware
>> problem
>> with the card itself.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
>> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
>> Windows help - 'Nutcase's Home' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
>> My thoughts 'Life and other stuff' (http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com)
>>
>> "Hvassi" <Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
>> news:Hvassi.397x0g@xxxxxx-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

>> >
>> > Hello all. I'm new here, all the way from Iceland so my english is
>> maybe

>> > not so good.
>> >
>> > I've had a problem with my computer but it's showing white screen. I
>> > maybe turn it on and a few minutes later it's completely white.
>> > Sometimes it showes first stripes, black and white. I've googled it
>> but

>> > not found much so I went here to ask.
>> > For about 2 months ago I had problem with BSOD but re-installed
>> > Vista and it was OK.
>> >
>> > My computer is Packard Bell SB87 (something like that, not sure) and
>> > with Vista Home Premium.
>> >
>> > Don't be afraid to ask.
>> >
>> > Hope to get answers.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Hvassi
>> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>> >
>
>
> --
> Hvassi
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)