• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

why my lexmark printer wont scan

#5
also my other computer wont get pass the service repair and then it updates but after that it goes back to the service repair screen
 
C

Chuck

#6
We have no way to tell what make and model your computer is, let alone what
your "service repair" menu is.
Are ther any errors shown, and if so, what are they.


"cbeard2" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:e77d6d7a8ec39654d50d050850e5f203@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> also my other computer wont get pass the service repair and then it
> updates but after that it goes back to the service repair screen
>
>
> --
> cbeard2
 
T

Truetech

#7
hi !!

your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
getting any error message or not .
Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
this for scanning
start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan

Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
make the printer scan as well

Take care

"cbeard2" wrote:

>
> i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible
> with vista
>
>
> --
> cbeard2
>
 
J

Joanne

#8
I also have a Lexmark 4 in 1 printer7170 and I followed your instructions and
it worked for me thank you Would like to know do you have to do these steps
each time you want to scan?

"Truetech" wrote:

> hi !!
>
> your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
> well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
> getting any error message or not .
> Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
> this for scanning
> start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
> import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan
>
> Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
> make the printer scan as well
>
> Take care
>
> "cbeard2" wrote:
>

> >
> > i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible
> > with vista
> >
> >
> > --
> > cbeard2
> >
 
T

Truetech

#9
Great !! thats good to know that you have managed to make the printer
working . Now i would like to tell you that everytime you are scanning
something , you have to follow the same steps .

However i do believe that for your x7170 , you must have a program saying
lexmark All in one center , you can also use it for scanning .

Let me know if you need further help.
Cheers !!

"Joanne" wrote:

> I also have a Lexmark 4 in 1 printer7170 and I followed your instructions and
> it worked for me thank you Would like to know do you have to do these steps
> each time you want to scan?
>
> "Truetech" wrote:
>

> > hi !!
> >
> > your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
> > well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
> > getting any error message or not .
> > Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
> > this for scanning
> > start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
> > import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan
> >
> > Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
> > make the printer scan as well
> >
> > Take care
> >
> > "cbeard2" wrote:
> >

> > >
> > > i have a lexmark x4270 3 in 1 and my printer wont scan is it compatible
> > > with vista
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > cbeard2
> > >