• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

widescreen

#2
I assume that you when you say monitor driver that you are referring to the
ATI graphics card drivers for Vista from the following link

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712


"PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
news:uPOq5oGzGHA.772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> I just bought a 19in widescreen monitor and can not get the 1440x900 with
> Vista.. Yes I installed the monitor driver.
>
> Radeon x600 card (256m)
> --
> --------
> Paul
> --------
> www.paulsxp.com
> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>
>
>
 

My Computer

P

PaulM

#3
Yes the video driver and the .inf file for the monitor.

--
--------
Paul
--------
www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forums


"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
news:%23TUS5SHzGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I assume that you when you say monitor driver that you are referring to the
>ATI graphics card drivers for Vista from the following link
>
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712
>
>
> "PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
> news:uPOq5oGzGHA.772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I just bought a 19in widescreen monitor and can not get the 1440x900 with
>> Vista.. Yes I installed the monitor driver.
>>
>> Radeon x600 card (256m)
>> --
>> --------
>> Paul
>> --------
>> www.paulsxp.com
>> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>>
>>
>>

>
>
 

My Computer

#4
I do not have an ATI card so I am not sure how you get to the Custom
Resolutions option or how you tell it you have a flat screen monitor in case
it thinks you have something else.
What resolution options does the driver give you?
Have you tried any other widescreen options like 1280x720?
Does Device manager properly identify the monitor make?
"PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
news:uJNuniHzGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Yes the video driver and the .inf file for the monitor.
>
> --
> --------
> Paul
> --------
> www.paulsxp.com
> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> news:%23TUS5SHzGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I assume that you when you say monitor driver that you are referring to
>>the ATI graphics card drivers for Vista from the following link
>>
>> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712
>>
>>
>> "PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
>> news:uPOq5oGzGHA.772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> I just bought a 19in widescreen monitor and can not get the 1440x900
>>> with Vista.. Yes I installed the monitor driver.
>>>
>>> Radeon x600 card (256m)
>>> --
>>> --------
>>> Paul
>>> --------
>>> www.paulsxp.com
>>> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>
 

My Computer

P

PaulM

#5
Got it working, rolled backed the drivers reinstall and all is OK now.

Thanks

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
news:%23Kt6p5IzGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I do not have an ATI card so I am not sure how you get to the Custom
>Resolutions option or how you tell it you have a flat screen monitor in
>case it thinks you have something else.
> What resolution options does the driver give you?
> Have you tried any other widescreen options like 1280x720?
> Does Device manager properly identify the monitor make?
> "PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
> news:uJNuniHzGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Yes the video driver and the .inf file for the monitor.
>>
>> --
>> --------
>> Paul
>> --------
>> www.paulsxp.com
>> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>>
>>
>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> news:%23TUS5SHzGHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>I assume that you when you say monitor driver that you are referring to
>>>the ATI graphics card drivers for Vista from the following link
>>>
>>> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=5712
>>>
>>>
>>> "PaulM" <Paul@paulsxp.com> wrote in message
>>> news:uPOq5oGzGHA.772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>
>>>> I just bought a 19in widescreen monitor and can not get the 1440x900
>>>> with Vista.. Yes I installed the monitor driver.
>>>>
>>>> Radeon x600 card (256m)
>>>> --
>>>> --------
>>>> Paul
>>>> --------
>>>> www.paulsxp.com
>>>> www.paulsxp.com/forums
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)