• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Defender error 0x8050800d

M

microsvc

#1
When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d

What could be causing this?
 

My Computer

M

Mark L. Ferguson

#2
Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

> When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
> Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
>
> What could be causing this?
 

My Computer

M

microsvc

#3
Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
> responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

> > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
> > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
> >
> > What could be causing this?
>
 

My Computer

M

Mark L. Ferguson

#4
290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Start it and look for:
Windows Defender Signatures and click remove.
Then try to update.

--
Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost

Mark L. Ferguson

..
"microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:CA14BE65-2149-4EC8-BC4D-4F392E389020@xxxxxx

> Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>

>> Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
>> responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
>>
>> --
>> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
>> web
>> interface.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>>
>> .
>> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx

>> > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
>> > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
>> >
>> > What could be causing this?
>>
 

My Computer

S

Sharon Fink

#5
In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
> Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
> notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
<http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/def
ault.mspx>

People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
your problem.
--
Sharon F
Desktop Experience
 

My Computer

M

microsvc

#6
For the past 8-hours, this has been the result of attempting to go into the
newsgroup:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.



"Sharon Fink" wrote:

> In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
> shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
> > Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
> > notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
>
> While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
> let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/def
> ault.mspx>
>
> People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
> problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
> your problem.
> --
> Sharon F
> Desktop Experience
>
 

My Computer

M

microsvc

#7
Mark, I installed the cleanup, and windows defender signatures is not in the
list.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> 290301 - Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> Start it and look for:
> Windows Defender Signatures and click remove.
> Then try to update.
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> .
> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:CA14BE65-2149-4EC8-BC4D-4F392E389020@xxxxxx

> > Mark, I ran SFC and nothing came up.
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >

> >> Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
> >> responding: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
> >>
> >> --
> >> Was this helpful? Then click the "Yes" Ratings button. Voting helps the
> >> web
> >> interface.
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPost
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >>
> >> .
> >> "microsvc" <microsvc@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> news:57603A53-590D-4FCF-9956-755C3D50F967@xxxxxx
> >> > When Windows defender runs, it quits with the following error:
> >> > Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d
> >> >
> >> > What could be causing this?
> >>
>
 

My Computer

M

microsvc

#8
Sharon, I have been checking that defender page and for the past 2 weeks, it
tells me that the questions forum is unavailable.

"Sharon Fink" wrote:

> In article <2B3F040A-19CF-4DCF-BAF1-AEB7A6D46A1B@xxxxxx>,
> shellp <stell@xxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Good golly!! I can't get Defender to stay on! since upgrading to Ultimate
> > Vista. Recieving the same error. And now I can't even get the darn
> > notification here to work! I know it's a full moon & all. But please!
>
> While someone may come along here that can help you, I thought I would
> let you know that there are newsgroups for Windows Defender specifically:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/def
> ault.mspx>
>
> People that post there regularly are more in tune with the Defender
> problems and may have something useful to offer that will help you with
> your problem.
> --
> Sharon F
> Desktop Experience
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)