• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

J

Jon Acord

#1
I am getting this error when I try and empty my recycle bin. I am running
Windows Vista Ultimate (clean install) RTM x86. Is there a fix? I have read
other threads. Other people have had this same problem. No one seems to
know why or offer some sort of fix. I would appreciate a bug fix. It is
simply annoying. This could prove serious when released.
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#2
**Warning** if you do not have a solution, or are not smart enough to
understand, do not answer this post**

Update: When I click on 'Check online for a solution and close the program'
( I do not have any programs opened ) the window reappears multiple times in
a frenzy until the recycle bin is closed. 'View problem details' reveals:
Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RunDLL32.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 02b0b5ed
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1703
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 1344
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

This is extremely annoying. Its disturbing that Microsoft has released this
OS in this shape. I have found other bugs as well, but up until now I have
found solutions in this forum.
 

My Computer

J
#3
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:29:00 -0800, Jon Acord <JOn@theacords.biz>
wrote:

>**Warning** if you do not have a solution, or are not smart enough to
>understand, do not answer this post**



Well that's a very friendly approach. It totally precludes anyone from
making constructive suggestions.

Good luck.


Jim
 

My Computer

D
#4
I don't understand. I don't have a solution but couldn't the OP just
reboot? or restart the stopped rundll? or buy Ubuntu?

Dale

"Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:skm2q2t5489r8avrg7jljkdgjvk1qhuun9@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:29:00 -0800, Jon Acord <JOn@theacords.biz>
> wrote:
>
>>**Warning** if you do not have a solution, or are not smart enough to
>>understand, do not answer this post**

>
>
> Well that's a very friendly approach. It totally precludes anyone from
> making constructive suggestions.
>
> Good luck.
>
>
> Jim
 

My Computer

R

Rick Rogers

#5
Hi Jon,

The exception code (c0000005) indicates a driver problem. Which one is
another issue. Have you installed any third party software, including
antivirus software? Also, did this problem start immediately after finishing
setup? The first time you did this? Or did it start after some use of the
system? As this probelm does not occur with every Vista user, it is
something about your setup (could be hardware or software) that is the
problem.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:F3E7A50B-7E3E-4105-91A0-603243AD95C8@microsoft.com...
> **Warning** if you do not have a solution, or are not smart enough to
> understand, do not answer this post**
>
> Update: When I click on 'Check online for a solution and close the
> program'
> ( I do not have any programs opened ) the window reappears multiple times
> in
> a frenzy until the recycle bin is closed. 'View problem details' reveals:
> Problem signature:
>
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: RunDLL32.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 02b0b5ed
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 1703
> Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
> Additional Information 3: 1344
> Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
>
> This is extremely annoying. Its disturbing that Microsoft has released
> this
> OS in this shape. I have found other bugs as well, but up until now I
> have
> found solutions in this forum.
>
>
>
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#6
Look, all I am trying to do is raise awareness here that Vista Ultimate has
a serious error. I posted the complete error here for anyone qualified that
might offer some insight. I wanted to eliminate garbage responses, no
offense intended
 

My Computer

D
#8
I take it, from the fact that you didn't specifically forbid me from
responding, that only Jim has been grounded?

Dale

"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:6FAA624E-C136-4EE3-BDC8-7002E86EEA7D@microsoft.com...
> Jim: Thans for a worthless response. I am ignoring you. Please do not
> respond to my reply.
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#9
Greetings Rick, For the record I am using Windows 'Live One Care' Vista
Beta. If this helps anyone reading this who may solve this issue. If anyone
bothers googling this particular bug, many people besides myself are
receiving it in different scenarios.

Now, in my situation all I am doing is emptying the recycle bin. No
programs are open. The files I am deleting are left over from burning a disc
in Nero 7. Again, no programs are open when I empty it. The Nero version I
have is supposed to be compatible with Vista Ultimate.
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#10
If you have something you feel is valuable to contribute, then by all means
do so. I Just think that when Vista is released that this bug will rear its
ugly head in a big way. I did a google search on it. This bug is occuring
in many different situations. Again, all I am doing is attempting to raise
awareness.
 

My Computer

R

Rick Rogers

#11
Hi Jon,

So you have mentioned two compatibility problems.

1) One Care is a beta that may cause all sorts of issues. That's why it's
still a beta product.

2) Nero software contains many drivers and services that run, even if the
software itself is not in use. It may be that it is Vista compatible, but
not compatible with something else on the system (like the above mentioned
One Care beta software).

Could be one of these, could be something else that you've installed.
Resolving driver errors is not easy, does anything show in the event viewer
to indicate a module in use at the time of the error? Have you tried running
the driver verifier?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:396D6499-1A04-4F99-A900-1C8BE1374E5A@microsoft.com...
> Greetings Rick, For the record I am using Windows 'Live One Care' Vista
> Beta. If this helps anyone reading this who may solve this issue. If
> anyone
> bothers googling this particular bug, many people besides myself are
> receiving it in different scenarios.
>
> Now, in my situation all I am doing is emptying the recycle bin. No
> programs are open. The files I am deleting are left over from burning a
> disc
> in Nero 7. Again, no programs are open when I empty it. The Nero version
> I
> have is supposed to be compatible with Vista Ultimate.
 

My Computer

#12
Do you have Nero installed by any chance?

"Jon Acord" wrote:

> I am getting this error when I try and empty my recycle bin. I am running
> Windows Vista Ultimate (clean install) RTM x86. Is there a fix? I have read
> other threads. Other people have had this same problem. No one seems to
> know why or offer some sort of fix. I would appreciate a bug fix. It is
> simply annoying. This could prove serious when released.
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#13
Update: I am not directly emptying the recycle bin, to be exact. What I did
was create a folder for nero called 'Nero Temp Files'. The program then
outputs temp files when burning a disk to the said folder. The error appears
when I select all items in the temp folder and attempt to send it to the
recycle bin. No matter how many times you try and remove the error it
reappears until the folder is empty. It actually does not reappear. I can
empy the actual recycle bin with no errors, just to clarify the issue. I
assigned this temp file I created within the program defaults. Its apparent
this has to do with windows and the APP colliding.
 

My Computer

R

Rick Rogers

#14
That, Jon, tells me that some function of the program is still active as the
program has a claim on those files. It may be that the application isn't
terminating fully, going into a "standby" mode, or a service that supports
it is active. In any case, there is probably some handle on those files that
hasn't released, and is the cause of the error.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:FE370E70-32E9-4964-8BD9-278E5E28A302@microsoft.com...
> Update: I am not directly emptying the recycle bin, to be exact. What I
> did
> was create a folder for nero called 'Nero Temp Files'. The program then
> outputs temp files when burning a disk to the said folder. The error
> appears
> when I select all items in the temp folder and attempt to send it to the
> recycle bin. No matter how many times you try and remove the error it
> reappears until the folder is empty. It actually does not reappear. I
> can
> empy the actual recycle bin with no errors, just to clarify the issue. I
> assigned this temp file I created within the program defaults. Its
> apparent
> this has to do with windows and the APP colliding.
>
>
 

My Computer

J

Jon Acord

#15
"Yes I do Rob. Nero 7.0. In fact, it is the version that is supposed to be
compatible with Vista. I haven't had any other glicthes associated with
burning disks.
 

My Computer

R

Rick Rogers

#17
Why not write a small batch file and delete the contents at startup?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:32C70080-536B-401C-9191-631F20456EDF@microsoft.com...
>
> I haven't decided how to deal with it., as I must dump the contents of the
> Temp folder periodically.
 

My Computer

#19
Under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\

Rename the following two items as follows:

NeVideo.ax - rename this (for example 1NeVideo.ax)
NeroVideoProc.ax - also rename this one (for example 1NeroVideoProc.ax )

Reboot. That should fix it. It's not a Vista issue but a Nero issue.

"Jon Acord" wrote:

>
>
> "Yes I do Rob. Nero 7.0. In fact, it is the version that is supposed to be
> compatible with Vista. I haven't had any other glicthes associated with
> burning disks.
 

My Computer

L

Lang Murphy

#20
Ah... perhaps, next time, be more exact when describing your issue. That may
facilitate finding an answer to same issue and avoid silly back-and-forths
based on misinformation. And you might throttle back some on the
"**Warning** if you do not have a solution, or are not smart enough to
understand, do not answer this post**" stuff... Kinda hard to "understand"
an issue if it's not presented exactly.

Lang


"Jon Acord" <JOn@theacords.biz> wrote in message
news:FE370E70-32E9-4964-8BD9-278E5E28A302@microsoft.com...
> Update: I am not directly emptying the recycle bin, to be exact. What I
> did
> was create a folder for nero called 'Nero Temp Files'. The program then
> outputs temp files when burning a disk to the said folder. The error
> appears
> when I select all items in the temp folder and attempt to send it to the
> recycle bin. No matter how many times you try and remove the error it
> reappears until the folder is empty. It actually does not reappear. I
> can
> empy the actual recycle bin with no errors, just to clarify the issue. I
> assigned this temp file I created within the program defaults. Its
> apparent
> this has to do with windows and the APP colliding.
>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)