Solved windows installer service

Hi, It's me again. I'm trying to install a programme from AVG. and it says "the windows installer service can't be accessed". (could this also be why I can't install the NET. framework 4.5.1 update). How do I repair or re-install the Windows installer. Hope there's an answer out there. Mike

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    toshiba
Hi. It's mike again. With regard to my problem with Windowe Installer. I've managed to fix it. This may work for anyone with the same problem. I have "Advanced SystemCare Pro" on my laptop. One of the menu's is "Toolbox". When opened it has a programme called " Win Fix". Click on it and it will have a tab called "Advanced Fix". Click on it and you will find within it a "Fix" for "The Windows Installer System can not be accessed". Click on Fix to correct the problem. I have been able to install my Windows update and also the programme from AVG. Hope this helps at least one of you. Cheers. Mike.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    toshiba

townsbg

~~тσωηsвg~~
Vista Guru
Gold Member
I apologize for your thread getting missed but I am glad that you figured out a solution. I strongly recommend though that you uninstall advanced system care because it has been known to cause issues.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    Mid 2010 iMac
    CPU
    Quad core 3.2 Ghz Intel I3
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 mb ram
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 and 1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB
    Other Info
    N/A
  • Operating System
    Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise
    Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq Presario SR5350F
    CPU
    Pentium 2.0 gHZ Dual core E2160
    Memory
    2 gb
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    300 GB
I apologize for your thread getting missed but I am glad that you figured out a solution. I strongly recommend though that you uninstall advanced system care because it has been known to cause issues.
Thanks for reply. Have uninstalled Advanced System Care. Mike

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    toshiba