• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Live Mail Copy/Paste

N

Navyguy

#1
I have a dell Dimension 8200 with XP SP2, DSL connection

Lately, I've noticed that I canot perform the copy/paste function
whereas it use to do this. Usually I was able to right click on the
document and right click copy, then paste it to Word or wherever.
Then I started have to use the copy icon on the page but now when
I do this and try to paste it nothing happens. Oddly when I try to
close
the page that supposedly was pasted it asks if I want to save it but
there's nothing there.

Any Thoughts/Suggestions?
Robert
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
The Ctrl-C/Copy/Paste bug has been discussed here quite extensively.
Try copying from the preview pane instead of opening a message in its
own window.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Navyguy" <magineeer@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:df5ad581-cdfb-49b2-bd3e-68efde0f4525@xxxxxx

>I have a dell Dimension 8200 with XP SP2, DSL connection
>
> Lately, I've noticed that I canot perform the copy/paste function
> whereas it use to do this. Usually I was able to right click on the
> document and right click copy, then paste it to Word or wherever.
> Then I started have to use the copy icon on the page but now when
> I do this and try to paste it nothing happens. Oddly when I try to
> close
> the page that supposedly was pasted it asks if I want to save it but
> there's nothing there.
>
> Any Thoughts/Suggestions?
> Robert
 

My Computer

N

Navyguy

#3
On Apr 12, 11:26 am, "Gary VanderMolen" <g...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The Ctrl-C/Copy/Paste bug has been discussed here quite extensively.
> Try copying from the preview pane instead of opening a message in its
> own window.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
>
>

I have no idea what your talking about, I see nothing that offers a
preview
pane and never heard of this before.

Robert
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#4
On the menu bar: View, Layout, Reading pane.
My apologies, I didn't realize MS had renamed the preview pane to "reading" pane.
If you don't see the menu bar, press Alt.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Navyguy" <magineeer@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:ec7bba2a-4c38-4e30-bad1-34c16bb5cf92@xxxxxx
On Apr 12, 11:26 am, "Gary VanderMolen" <g...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The Ctrl-C/Copy/Paste bug has been discussed here quite extensively.
> Try copying from the preview pane instead of opening a message in its
> own window.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
>
>

I have no idea what your talking about, I see nothing that offers a
preview
pane and never heard of this before.

Robert
 

My Computer

N

Navyguy

#5
On Apr 13, 11:04 am, "Gary VanderMolen" <g...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On the menu bar: View, Layout, Reading pane.
> My apologies, I didn't realize MS had renamed the preview pane to "reading" pane.
> If you don't see the menu bar, press Alt.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
I don't see this, I should have stated that I'm using Hotmail via Live
Messenger.


Robert
 

My Computer

G

Gary VanderMolen

#6
In that case, you are in the wrong newsgroup. This one is for the
Windows Live Mail email program.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"Navyguy" <magineeer@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:db9a782d-d765-4e17-9efb-f3a12f45778b@xxxxxx
On Apr 13, 11:04 am, "Gary VanderMolen" <g...@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On the menu bar: View, Layout, Reading pane.
> My apologies, I didn't realize MS had renamed the preview pane to "reading" pane.
> If you don't see the menu bar, press Alt.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
I don't see this, I should have stated that I'm using Hotmail via Live
Messenger.


Robert
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)