• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E

O

OldRufie

#1
Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error when
trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' & 'comcast'
that have worked for the past 6 months...

Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10060

Any suggestions?
--
Relying on the Kindness of others in the Global Community...Old Dogs ''can
learn new tricks''.
 
G

Gary VanderMolen

#2
Gmail does not use port 25. Correct your mail account settings
to agree with:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"OldRufie" <OldRufie@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:ACBCA264-631B-4FE8-AABD-937FB90676EF@xxxxxx

> Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
> spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
> managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error when
> trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' & 'comcast'
> that have worked for the past 6 months...
>
> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Relying on the Kindness of others in the Global Community...Old Dogs ''can
> learn new tricks''.
 
V

V Pitre

#3
I have the same problem when trying to send mail.
The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'My Monavie E-mail ?'
Server: 'mail.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060
"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Gmail does not use port 25. Correct your mail account settings
> to agree with:
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>
>
> "OldRufie" <OldRufie@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:ACBCA264-631B-4FE8-AABD-937FB90676EF@xxxxxx

> > Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
> > spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
> > managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error when
> > trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' & 'comcast'
> > that have worked for the past 6 months...
> >
> > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 25
> > Secure(SSL): Yes
> > Socket Error: 10060
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > --
> > Relying on the Kindness of others in the Global Community...Old Dogs ''can
> > learn new tricks''.
>
>
>
 
I

Ildhund

#4
mail.live.com is not an SMTP server. You should be using the settings given
by your mail service provider (Monavie?). If this is a Hotmail-type account
(Office Live or AdminCenter), then you should be using HTTP unless you know
you have POP/SMTP access to it - see
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!171.entry

You should always be able to use your ISP's SMTP server for outgoing mail.
--
Noel

"V Pitre" <V Pitre@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:78F79DB3-7ACD-4331-966D-441149D45CC@xxxxxx

> I have the same problem when trying to send mail.
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'My Monavie E-mail ?'
> Server: 'mail.live.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>

>> Gmail does not use port 25. Correct your mail account settings
>> to agree with:
>> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>>
>>
>> "OldRufie" <OldRufie@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:ACBCA264-631B-4FE8-AABD-937FB90676EF@xxxxxx

>> > Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
>> > spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination
>> > I
>> > managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following
>> > error when
>> > trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' &
>> > 'comcast'
>> > that have worked for the past 6 months...
>> >
>> > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
>> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> > Protocol: SMTP
>> > Port: 25
>> > Secure(SSL): Yes
>> > Socket Error: 10060
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> > --
>> > Relying on the Kindness of others in the Global Community...Old Dogs
>> > ''can
>> > learn new tricks''.
>>
>>
>>
 
N

N. Miller

#5
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:20:00 -0700, V Pitre wrote:

> I have the same problem when trying to send mail.
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'My Monavie E-mail ?'
> Server: 'mail.live.com'
The *same* problem? What part of 'mail.live.com' is a problem with Comcast
and Gmail servers? Next time, start your own thread for assistance.

FWIW, when I try to telnet to 'mail.live.com', I get a failure. Apparently,
as Ildhund states, that is not a valid SMTP message submission server for
the Windows Live email service.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
 
N

N. Miller

#6
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 00:01:02 -0700, OldRufie wrote:

> Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
> spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
> managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error when
> trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' & 'comcast'
> that have worked for the past 6 months...
>
> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> Any suggestions?
For Gmail, use port 465 with SSL. This has always been required for Gmail
accounts.

For Comcast, if you had a viral infection, your computer may have been a
spam spewer, and gotten your access to the Comcast SMTP message submission
server on port 25 blocked. Fortunately, Comcast offers a message submission
access for their traveling customers which requires configuring your mail
client in a similar fashion to Gmail: use port 465 with SSL enabled. For
Comcast, be sure to use your full '%User_ID%@comcast.net' as your username,
along with your account password.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
 
#7
Psst. Don't tell anyone. It's a Comcast secret. Port 25 has been changed to
port 587.
http://help.comcast.net/content/faq...l-for-Vista-to-use-port-587-for-sending-email


> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 00:01:02 -0700, OldRufie wrote:
>

>> Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
>> spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
>> managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error
>> when
>> trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' &
>> 'comcast'
>> that have worked for the past 6 months...
>>
>> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): Yes
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> Any suggestions?
 
G

Gary VanderMolen

#8
Your problem is only superficially similar.
Who is your ISP? Who is your mail provider?
Where did you get those settings from that you are using?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)


"V Pitre" <V Pitre@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:78F79DB3-7ACD-4331-966D-4241149D45CC@xxxxxx

>I have the same problem when trying to send mail.
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'My Monavie E-mail ?'
> Server: 'mail.live.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>

>> Gmail does not use port 25. Correct your mail account settings
>> to agree with:
>> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
>>
>>
>> "OldRufie" <OldRufie@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:ACBCA264-631B-4FE8-AABD-937FB90676EF@xxxxxx

>> > Since joining this discussion a few days ago - I have been invaded by
>> > spyware, adware, a trojan...worm (or whatever). With some determination I
>> > managed to rid myself of "the beast." Now I received the following error when
>> > trying to send email thru my Live account connected to 'gmail' & 'comcast'
>> > that have worked for the past 6 months...
>> >
>> > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
>> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> > Protocol: SMTP
>> > Port: 25
>> > Secure(SSL): Yes
>> > Socket Error: 10060
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> > --
>> > Relying on the Kindness of others in the Global Community...Old Dogs ''can
>> > learn new tricks''.
>>
>>
>>
 
N

N. Miller

#9
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:46:02 -0400, Bob wrote:

> Psst. Don't tell anyone. It's a Comcast secret. Port 25 has been changed to
> port 587.
Port 587 is fairly new, and not always needed. Port 465 has been available
for a long time:

The new Comcast beta pages won't let me post a direct link. On the FAQ pages
for "Email", look for the "How do I configure {Email_Client_Name} to send
and receive E-mail while traveling" link. The same information should work
from a Comcast IP connection.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
 
G

Gary VanderMolen

#10
"N. Miller" <anonymous@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:54bv4akcemy8$.dlg@xxxxxx

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:46:02 -0400, Bob wrote:
>

>> Psst. Don't tell anyone. It's a Comcast secret. Port 25 has been changed to
>> port 587.
>
> Port 587 is fairly new, and not always needed. Port 465 has been available
> for a long time:
>
> The new Comcast beta pages won't let me post a direct link. On the FAQ pages
> for "Email", look for the "How do I configure {Email_Client_Name} to send
> and receive E-mail while traveling" link. The same information should work
> from a Comcast IP connection.
Comcast is still keeping info semi-secret by not allowing a direct link to
the pages with that new setup information.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)
 
#11
Hey guys, got a problem mostly similar. so here's the info:

Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bits
Acer Aspire 4710

Error de conexión con el servidor.
Cuenta: 'GMail POP',
Servidor: 'pop.gmail.com',
Protocolo: POP3,
Puerto: 995,
Seguridad (SSL): Sí,
Error de socket: 10061,
Número de error: 0x800CCC0E

i configure my account with the details according to my mail provider (GMAIL) but seems not to work properly.

Any suggestions?

PS: BTW i'm from SouthAmerica, Chile, so if you have any problems with the post, just let me know it :)

greetings
 
G

Guest

#12
"gUzAnO" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:1ba1079b23e9edf956d77529aa920a3b@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Hey guys, got a problem mostly similar. so here's the info:
>
> Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bits
> Acer Aspire 4710
>
> Error de conexión con el servidor.
> Cuenta: 'GMail POP',
> Servidor: 'pop.gmail.com',
> Protocolo: POP3,
> Puerto: 995,
> Seguridad (SSL): Sí,
> Error de socket: 10061,
> Número de error: 0x800CCC0E
>
> i configure my account with the details according to my mail provider
> (GMAIL) but seems not to work properly.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> PS: BTW i'm from SouthAmerica, Chile, so if you have any problems with
> the post, just let me know it :)
>
> greetings
>
>
> --
> gUzAnO
Did you remember to include this part of the instructions?

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273
 
M

Michael Santovec

#13
10061 = Connection refused
0x800CCC0E = Cannot connect to server

Have you ever used this account with a mail client?

Have enabled POP3 support on the Gmail web site for this account?


--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm



"gUzAnO" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
news:1ba1079b23e9edf956d77529aa920a3b@xxxxxx-gateway.com...

>
> Hey guys, got a problem mostly similar. so here's the info:
>
> Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bits
> Acer Aspire 4710
>
> Error de conexión con el servidor.
> Cuenta: 'GMail POP',
> Servidor: 'pop.gmail.com',
> Protocolo: POP3,
> Puerto: 995,
> Seguridad (SSL): Sí,
> Error de socket: 10061,
> Número de error: 0x800CCC0E
>
> i configure my account with the details according to my mail provider
> (GMAIL) but seems not to work properly.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> PS: BTW i'm from SouthAmerica, Chile, so if you have any problems with
> the post, just let me know it :)
>
> greetings
>
>
> --
> gUzAnO
 
#14
ahm.. well i used this account with iexplorer interface, and yes i am sure that i followed all the instructions on the G-Mail settings, POP settings, everything but still cannot make it work :/ so, any other suggestions?

i've never used it with a mail client (only web-based mail)

Thanks for your answers though ^^
 
Last edited: