Windows Update Error Code 80240038 (Build 5744)

R

Radzi

I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."

Anyone know why?

Thanks.
 

My Computer

J

johnnybluenote

I'm getting the error as well. Perhaps just a temporary event since update
worked last night????

"Radzi" wrote:

>
> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
 

My Computer

S

Sobitthen

I will add that I am receiving same error as well.80240038
Hoping to find updates to work out the bugs i am having with media center
crashing.

"johnnybluenote" wrote:

> I'm getting the error as well. Perhaps just a temporary event since update
> worked last night????
>
> "Radzi" wrote:
>
> >
> > I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> > C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> > Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
> >
> > Anyone know why?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
 

My Computer

D

Donbym

I just got that same error message. I then activated my Vista build and it
went away. Make sure you have activated.

-Donby

"Radzi" wrote:

>
> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
 

My Computer

J

johnnybluenote

Nope - not that - my copy of Vista is activated.

"Donbym" wrote:

> I just got that same error message. I then activated my Vista build and it
> went away. Make sure you have activated.
>
> -Donby
>
> "Radzi" wrote:
>
> >
> > I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> > C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> > Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
> >
> > Anyone know why?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
 

My Computer

J

johnnybluenote

As I suspected - whatever the problem was - it was temporary - my update is
now working.



"Radzi" wrote:

>
> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
 

My Computer

R

Radzi

Yes, so is mine.

"johnnybluenote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> As I suspected - whatever the problem was - it was temporary - my update
> is
> now working.
>
>
>
> "Radzi" wrote:
>
>>
>> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
>> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
>> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>>
>> Anyone know why?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
 

My Computer

L

LarryM

In windows update go into change setting and uncheck
microsoft updates.
It works for me
LarryM

"Radzi" wrote:

>
> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
 

My Computer

C

Chad Harris

Re: Windows Update -->Newer MSFT Update

Switch to the newer version that's been out for 15 months with a faster BITS
(Background Intelligent Transfer System --faster installs; less glitches)
that MSFT hardly acknowledges:

http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/muoptdefault.aspx?ln=en&returnurl=http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

The jerk answer when I asked the IE team in a chat as to why they don't
promote it was "we have our reasons"

From tin earred arrogant air heads.

CH


"Radzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
 

My Computer

J

Jack

Re: Windows Update -->Newer MSFT Update

nice try!

"Chad Harris" <Vista RTM is really Beta 1.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Switch to the newer version that's been out for 15 months with a faster
> BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer System --faster installs; less
> glitches) that MSFT hardly acknowledges:
>
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/muoptdefault.aspx?ln=en&returnurl=http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
>
> The jerk answer when I asked the IE team in a chat as to why they don't
> promote it was "we have our reasons"
>
> From tin earred arrogant air heads.
>
> CH
>
>
> "Radzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> I'm getting Windows Update Error Code 80240038.
>> C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log shows "Windows Update
>> Client failed to detect with error 0x80240038."
>>
>> Anyone know why?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>
>
 

My Computer

Top