• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WLMD news problem

S

sim.seb

#1
Hi,

I'm testing the WLMD beta and have a problem with my newsgroup accounts.
When I preview a news message and press the "Reply" button NOTHING HAPPENS.
When I open a news message and press the "Reply" button I get an error
message (an error occured replying to or forwarding this message).
The "Reply group" button seems to work fine though.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?
 

My Computer

T

The Lynxy

#2
"sim.seb" <simseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:24E1070A-8699-460D-A144-9DA834628CEB@microsoft.com...
When I press reply, a reply message comes up, but when I goto send it says I
have no accounts configured for sending email. The reply group seems to
work fine, though.

> Hi,
>
> I'm testing the WLMD beta and have a problem with my newsgroup accounts.
> When I preview a news message and press the "Reply" button NOTHING
> HAPPENS.
> When I open a news message and press the "Reply" button I get an error
> message (an error occured replying to or forwarding this message).
> The "Reply group" button seems to work fine though.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?
 

My Computer

F

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM

#3
"The Lynxy" <null@null.com> wrote in message
news:C2FA4C39-956F-4F5E-876F-A96633899FFF@microsoft.com...
>
> "sim.seb" <simseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:24E1070A-8699-460D-A144-9DA834628CEB@microsoft.com...
> When I press reply, a reply message comes up, but when I goto send it says
> I have no accounts configured for sending email. The reply group seems to
> work fine, though.
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm testing the WLMD beta and have a problem with my newsgroup accounts.
>> When I preview a news message and press the "Reply" button NOTHING
>> HAPPENS.
>> When I open a news message and press the "Reply" button I get an error
>> message (an error occured replying to or forwarding this message).
>> The "Reply group" button seems to work fine though.
>>
>> Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?

>


Replying by mail is impolite unless specifically requested.
Do you have a mail account configured?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM
Please reply in newsgroup.
 

My Computer

S

sim.seb

#4
"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:71F44D16-E65E-4354-9452-71B3281460B4@microsoft.com...
Aha, sorry, it seems the button names were a lil confusing. I thought the
"reply" button was for replying a signle usenet message
and the "reply group" button was for crossposts or anything. I'm used to
specific news clients.
Thanks for ur help.

> "The Lynxy" <null@null.com> wrote in message
> news:C2FA4C39-956F-4F5E-876F-A96633899FFF@microsoft.com...
>>
>> "sim.seb" <simseb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:24E1070A-8699-460D-A144-9DA834628CEB@microsoft.com...
>> When I press reply, a reply message comes up, but when I goto send it
>> says I have no accounts configured for sending email. The reply group
>> seems to work fine, though.
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm testing the WLMD beta and have a problem with my newsgroup accounts.
>>> When I preview a news message and press the "Reply" button NOTHING
>>> HAPPENS.
>>> When I open a news message and press the "Reply" button I get an error
>>> message (an error occured replying to or forwarding this message).
>>> The "Reply group" button seems to work fine though.
>>>
>>> Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?

>>

>
> Replying by mail is impolite unless specifically requested.
> Do you have a mail account configured?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM
> Please reply in newsgroup.
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)