• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wrong values for processor in device manager

S

Shwoarma

#1
Odd one upgraded for an amd 5200 to a 6000. Device manager shows the 5200
still.

BIOS recognises it as a 6000, so does other cpu recognition software ie
NVIDIA ntune, cpuz etc.

Any ideas???
 

My Computer

#2
I don't know that you need to worry it will run at the speed it is designed
to run it the OS does not change the speed of the CPU.
"Shwoarma" <Shwoarma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3121640E-ACF1-4021-BC01-12C76F9AD099@microsoft.com...
> Odd one upgraded for an amd 5200 to a 6000. Device manager shows the 5200
> still.
>
> BIOS recognises it as a 6000, so does other cpu recognition software ie
> NVIDIA ntune, cpuz etc.
>
> Any ideas???
 

My Computer

S

Shwoarma

#3
"JW" wrote:

> I don't know that you need to worry it will run at the speed it is designed
> to run it the OS does not change the speed of the CPU.


Yeah I am aware of that just wondered why it was still showing my old
processor.
Thanks for the reply
 

My Computer

J

Joseph Highfill

#4
"Shwoarma" <Shwoarma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:725BA8F6-4DF9-4007-9D50-6E7AC6EEC5DE@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> I don't know that you need to worry it will run at the speed it is
>> designed
>> to run it the OS does not change the speed of the CPU.

>
> Yeah I am aware of that just wondered why it was still showing my old
> processor.
> Thanks for the reply
>


Processor Identification is also related to the bios settings.
 

My Computer

D

dean-dean

#5
This can be corrected. Maybe this will help:

Device Manager does not show updated processor information on a Windows
Vista-based computer ->
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930861/en-us

"Shwoarma" <Shwoarma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:725BA8F6-4DF9-4007-9D50-6E7AC6EEC5DE@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> I don't know that you need to worry it will run at the speed it is
>> designed
>> to run it the OS does not change the speed of the CPU.

>
> Yeah I am aware of that just wondered why it was still showing my old
> processor.
> Thanks for the reply
>
 

My Computer

A
#6
I have a similar thing - I have a Sony Vaio TZ-150 which is specified as
U7500 at 1.06ghz. It appears as such on the Control Panel>System screen, but
under Device Manager > Processors it appears as two U7600 @ 1.20ghz. Any idea
where this comes from?

"dean-dean" wrote:

> This can be corrected. Maybe this will help:
>
> Device Manager does not show updated processor information on a Windows
> Vista-based computer ->
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930861/en-us
>
> "Shwoarma" <Shwoarma@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:725BA8F6-4DF9-4007-9D50-6E7AC6EEC5DE@xxxxxx

> >
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >

> >> I don't know that you need to worry it will run at the speed it is
> >> designed
> >> to run it the OS does not change the speed of the CPU.
> >
> > Yeah I am aware of that just wondered why it was still showing my old
> > processor.
> > Thanks for the reply
> >
>
>
 

My Computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)