I upgraded my Vista Home Premium x64 to SP2 on 8/28. No problem until 8/31. Now I cannot get on the internet regardless of firefox, IE, or Chrome. The Windows Network Diagnostics did not find any problems. The network and Sharing center shows that I am connected to my network and then to the internet with no issues. IPv4 = Internet. IPv6 = limited.
Steps completed thus far:
- I rebooted the cable modem and the router (linksys wrt54g)
- I successfully pinged the x64 computer with a different cpu on the network. Status activity shows bytes sent and received successfully on the x64 system.
- I tried to system restore prior to SP2 upgrade but says failed, however System properties show that running SP1. (???)
- I updated network card driver (intel 82567lf-2) to most recent - 7/23
- I ran the Intel network card diagnostics and all test were sucessful
- Booted into safe mode with networking. Unsuccessful.
- Ran Hijackthis, nothing unusual.
I am at a loss of what to do. I do even know how to describe the situation succinctly enough to search and see if others have had the same problem. My computer is a Dell XPS Studio Core i7 w/ x64 Home Premium. Please help.
Also I am now getting the pesky Data Execution Prevention message after ever window that I close. I tried to do the bcedit.exe fix
, but said that bcedit wasn't recognized.