There are several nice features in IE8, but I sure wish I'd of stayed with IE7 because things just don't work so well with 8.
1. Help file says when web slices are available on a page I will find the web slices button on the command bar, also on the page. However, I have it set to beep at me when I'm on a page where web slices are available and it's beeping all the time but there is no button on the command bar. I hover my mouse all over the page and no button shows up. I've gone into customize/add-remove commands and there is nothing there.
2. I tried to access a link from my Microsoft newsletter and twice it took me to a page that said DNS Error - Server cannot be found. Whenever I try to access any Microsoft page it takes forever to get there. I'm using Microsoft's browser and it doesn't work worth a darn on their pages. Is there some setting I need to change.
3. I do not understand at all about newsreaders. I have posted messages on Windows Community that I can not find and something was said about having to be subscribed to a newsreader, or some such thing. Can someone tell me something about this? It said Windows Mail can be set up to be the newsreader. I use WM, but when I Googled this the boxes they showed in instructions did not appear when I tried to follow those instructions.
4. Is there a way to get a button for "tinyurl" onto my tool bar? According to instructions there should be but I can't make anything work.
5. Sometimes when I try to go to a site I get some kind of error page the first time, and then if I try again it will take me to the page. Why is that? Are there settings that need to be changed or something?
I don't care how dumb I sound or how dumb y'all think I am. I just care about someone helping this dummy.