what mail are you using.. if windows mail.. here you go Restoring Email
To restore your previously backed-up Windows Mail email:
Backing Up Contacts (Address Books)
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select your PO mailbox.
- Click Import.
- Locate the Mail Backup folder on your storage drive (location you previously backed up to).
- Select the mail account that you want to import, and then click Open.
- Repeat these steps for each mail account that you want to import.
- Click Close.
Result: Your backed-up mail has been restored.
To export/copy your Windows Mail Contacts (address book):
Restoring Address Books
- On the File menu, click Export, and then click Windows Contacts... .
Result: The Export Windows Contacts dialog box appears.
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values), and then click Export.
- Click Browse.
- At the top of the Save As dialog box, select the location where you wish to store the backup (CD, USB drive), and in the File Name field, type "backup_contacts." Then click Save.
Result: The "CSV Export" window re-appears, displaying the file name and location you have selected for your export file.
- Click Next.
Result: The CSV Export dialog box changes to display a list of field names that can be exported.
- Click to select the check boxes for the fields that you want to export,and then click Finish.
Result: The Windows Contacts dialog box validates that the export has been successful.
- Click OK and then click Close on the Export Windows Contacts dialog box.
Result: Your address book has been successfully exported to the specified location.
- On the File menu, select Import.
- Click Windows Contacts .
- Click CSV (Comma Separated Values), and then click Import.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the backup folder, click the address book backup_contacts.csv file, and then click Open.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Result: If the Confirm Replace dialog box appears asking whether to replace certain Contact entries, read the dialog box tax and respond accordingly by either clicking Yes, Yes to All, No, or No to All.
- Click OK, and then click Close
Result: Your Contacts (address book) have been restored from backup