I followed the link to the tutorial and find that uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling it w/b a lot easier. When I downloaded the Unlocker program, my Shaw Secure told me that it had spyware, scanned it and deleted the spyware. That right there was enuf for me to say no thanks to that little program, even tho Shaw removed the spyware.
I rt clked on the folder and went to that path and found the folder but when I tried to delete it manually, I got the same message. I had already searched for the folder before posting this problem and found it in the same spot as where the properties said it was. Imperfect1:
Yes, I knew that about error messages. I did shut down and reboot, thinking that it would be gone but it wasn't!
So, thankyou both for your help but I will just uninstall IE8 and reinstall it. Seems like a whole lot less work than going thru all of these suggestions. I am going to check out that Unlocker program and find out more about it b/c it sounds like it w/b a good one to have.