I have read many of the other forum threads hoping to solve this issue... to no avail.
I have been running Windows Mail on my laptop for seven months now with no issue. After changing my password, Windows Mail no longer wants to send or receive email.
I have tried many things (from other people's successes) to solve this problem:
- Changed my password again (note: both password changes have been successful in my webmail and in downloading to my Blackberry)
- Removed the email account and readded it
- Disabled the auto scan components of McAfee
- Uninstalled McAfee
- Repeated earlier deletions and additions of my email account
- Downloaded Windows Live Mail to the same errors and repeat of the above
- Reset my password/account through the email host/server
Here is the error message from Windows Live Mail:
Unable to send or receive messages for the (christine) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Login failed.
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Any suggestions? Both my tech-savvy friend and I are at a loss...