I have been experiencing erratic mouse issues for the last couple months and feel like I've tried everything yet nothing fixes it. I've spent hours reading forums & blogs, googling etc and still the problem persists.
The mouse (movement AND scrolling) hesitates then jumps drastically across the screen. 70% of the time it's just annoying & bothersome but mostly functional, 20% it's non-functional and the other 10% it works fine. After switching mice numerous times, at this point I'm sure it's the computer, not a mouse issue.
I have an HP Pavilion desktop running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. My current mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000.
Here's what I've tried already, none of it has worked:
- Rebooted (numerous times, duh).
- Tried a different mouse (on my 4th mouse).
- Removed former mouse software.
- Removed & reinstalled and checked online for new drivers (Intellipoint 7.0 software).
- Tried different mouse settings including checking and unchecking "Hide Pointer While Typing" and "Display Pointer Trails".
- Bought a high quality mouse pad.
- Changed batteries.
- Cleaned lens/used canned air on lens.
- Tried different USB ports for the receiver.
- Tried Microsoft "Fit It" troubleshooter (Microsoft article 321122).
- Ran spyware/malware via my Microsoft security software, no issues found.
- Since this is a desktop, not laptop, it's not a touchpad issue.
- I've tried many other google tips found as well but can't remember all of it.
If anyone knows what else to try that may work I would be most grateful.
Thanks in advance!